XBMC for Windows will be nice to have!
Thumbs Up 
I'am looking forward to this
Yeah, I can't wait. XBMC on Windows will be great. I can keep using all the apps I'm use to using and no need to reboot into linux when I want to run XBMC. Smile

For anyone that is wondering, here's the main topic on it:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/sho...hp?t=30950

It'll probably get moved here eventually.
No It wont be moved in here...

This is section is for end users. That post is for developers only.
plus i think you should be using the new website http://www.xbmc.org

I had problems logging onto the old one

this is the new link to that page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30950
I'm definitely hoping this dev branch goes gangbusters... it will open up the possibilities to integrate with Vista SideShow applets, hardware, etc... VERY COOL possibilities that OSX & Linux don't have.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
desperz Wrote:I'am looking forward to this

2nd that!!!!! not gonna hold my breath but a fully functioning Windows version would be FANTASTIC! Laugh
Amen, to that. I too will be waiting with baited breath.. Linux is for penguins and anoraks !! sorry but I tried and failed. Sad
I dont think its nearly read for end-user discussion but I will say this.

I managed to install it on my laptop this evening to test out.

I had bad video issues. I upgraded to latest catalyst 8.2 suite is using mobililty modded drivers. All video issues are gone. Boy is this very fast. Played mkv without a hiccup.

Its nice to see it moving so far along.

I tested on CD T2500 /2gb 667ram and ati mobility 1600

What doesnt work for me.

NIC - XBMCSays its connected but there is no SMB mapping.
Cant access H or I p artitions. I think this must be in the xbmc exe. Didnt see anywhere i could map it in XBMC or xml files.

Audio works for movies, but not for shoutcast. Mp3s work.

Its so freekin smooth though. Very fast and well-tried media front end.

Im really looking forward to this.

CPU support under info says unknown. Video recognized though.

Im like winblows...no linux xbmc for me Smile

Working on Vista 32
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
Thank you, thank you, thank! I've been working with the Linux build for a few months, but this is just so much easier for 90% of the public. Video playback works great (x264 mkv, xvid, divx, h264 mov etc) and once SMB and IR is supported, I think this will be 99% there for me. Time to FINALLY build an HTPC to replace my aging/tired Xbox. When playing back 1080p content, I noticed that all four cores were being utilized. I was under the impression that the current builds did not use any multi-core capability on playback? Is this new?
The MCE remote already works Smile At least on vista
I have tried this on two Windows XP Pro systems and a Vista Ultimate. It took less than 5 minutes to setup and run on each. I was able to play XVID content on each and view photos. Networking does not seem to work even though the RSS feed on the main page is working. I have been working on XBMC Linux since Christmas when I built my dual boot (UBUNTU an Vista) HTPC P4 3GHz system. I have yet to get full functionality from UBUNTU. Sound drivers do not yet work properly for HD Audio over HDMI. Vista Utlimate MCE on the other hand works fine. Not wanting Vista on my HTPC has driven my continued effort to get UBUNTU working properly. If this version of XBMC continues, its goodbye Vista, hello XP and XBMC. I'm happy to report that this very preliminary XBMC does work with my MCE remote and is able to play MKV files. I have had more success with this in 1 hour than two months of tinkering with UBUNTU.

Keith
Does any1 has built some recent svn drop for Windows/SDL? Or we stuck with some older ones?

Other thing is - I know that adding sources via SMB does not work. I tried to workaround it mapping drive in Windows and then adding this drive as source in XBMC. Strange thing is when selecting this source I can see directories from my C:\ drive and files from my mapped drive. They look like they are on the same drive. Anyone else experienced similar?

DP
Guys i download last ArtVandelae SDL/OpenGL release. Can someone explain me how can i see video in full coloring mode (not only green). Thanks!
@BAG_Ass (and others doing the same thing), I said to start a NEW topic-thread, ...ever heard of thread hijacking (common netiquette):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

XBMC-FORUM RULES:
Quote:5. Respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! Again, search for existing first!
To sum up this rule; if you have to separate subjects to discuss then post two separate topic-threads.

I will have order, damn it! ...it is an awfull mess and makes the forum unreadable if everyone post about everything in one single thread!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows will be nice to have!0