Chrome Extension: A Unity style menu in a browser
Hi all, I've created a little something for myself that I wanted to share here. It's a simple google chrome extension which mimics the unity side menu. It toggles full screen and exits the browsers.

Why?
I use the advanced launcher addon to open google chrome in full screen from my HTPC to view Stan (an Australia competitor to netflix) and Foxtel Now (a streaming service from a cable tv company). I created the menu to keep things looking seamless with kodi...and because some family members didn't realise they were in a browser and got stuck Tongue. This extension does nothing more than what could otherwise be done with ALT-F4 and F11.

The extension can be configured with a whitelist of websites so it won't appear everywhere, the colours can also be defined in case you've customised unity's menu colours. The menu is activated either by moving the mouse to left screen or the left cursor key. It's navigable via keyboard or mouse like the actual kodi menu.

Limitations
The 'quit to kodi' menu option will close a chrome instance with multiple tabs but NOT multiple windows (which is fine for my purposes). Tested fine on Ubuntu and Windows.

To install
Open chrome://extensions/, enable developer mode and drag and drop the crx file linked to below directly into chrome. Open the options to define a whitelist or leave the default settings to get the menu on every page. If you're concerned about installing an extension via anything other than the chrome web store have a look at the source below.

Packed extension:
kodi-unity-menu-chrome-extension.crx (github.com)
The unpacked extension is just the /source directory in the github repo below...

Souce code is at:
https://github.com/laforge0780/kodi-unit...-extension

Menu in fullscreen chrome:

Extension options:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chrome Extension: A Unity style menu in a browser0