• 11(current)
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1
hello, I just installed the 1.6 version on my ATV1 (didn't replace anything inside it) and it installed great. Looks good, and runs fast. However, I am trying to connect to my wireless network so my daughter can have this in her room. I'm under Kinos settings and in the network configuration screen. Ethernet works great. Wireless is giving me script errors when I try to manually input the ssid and key for the network. I've tried changing it countless of times, it just won't connect to anything wireless. I've looked all over the internet and can't find articles relating to my problem. I've checked out every setting within kinos and kodi and still can't get it to pull wireless. I am doing this with no adapter and with an adapter. Both give me the same results. I know my way around computers, but I don't know how to get into the log file on this atv1. Can you please help. I've been working for days on this and installed your file because it was the only one I hadn't tried.

Thank you
I cant help you since I have no experience with wireless in this version. Try configuring it from the command line: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI
(2018-10-02, 21:58)Soli Wrote: I cant help you since I have no experience with wireless in this version. Try configuring it from the command line: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI
 Thank you, i completely forgot i wrote in this thread, but I'm still tinkering with the ATV1 20 days later Smile I'll give that a spin.
Is there a way to disable Kodi?  When I exit Kodi, it spawns back.
I figured it out:
  $ sudo mv /etc/init/kodi.conf /etc/init/kodi.conf.disabled
Smile
I'm kinda stumped and hoping you guys can help me...

I have the lastest version (kinos-precise-1.6) installed on my first gen AppleTV.  I have a set of movies and TV Shows that I've FTP'd to the AppleTV.  Every so often I update the NFO with a new watched state (which Kodi reads on initial scan).  Once I'm done FTP'ing the new NFO's up, I delete /home/atv/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos99.db and /home/atv/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db.  The default skin (Quartz) is set to Update Library on startup.  When I setup the video sources, I selected to use local NFO, so Kodi shouldn't be trying to go online.  When I unplug and replug in the AppleTV, it doesn't scan anything (movies or TV Shows).  Any idea why?  I really want to rescan everything once in awhile to update my watched status.

Also, I like being to able to change my xorg.conf file when I take my AppleTV on the road.  Normally, I can find a way to get a hard-wire Ethernet connection for connectivity, but this past Thanksgiving I wasn't able to.  So, I'd like to get a USB wireless adapter.  Are there any that work better or worse on this build or with the AppleTV in general or will any USB Wireless adaptor work?

Thanks.  Brian
I got it!!  Apparently with this version of Kodi, the type of video in the source folder is saved in the database.  So, when I was deleting it, it didn't know what was in each folder.  Squared that away.

Is there specific USB wireless adapters that will work with this setup?  Or, where can I look to find compatible adapters?

Thanks.  Brian
I don't know. I think it does support a few. You could copy the 3.2 kernel, and copy the .config file in the kernel folder and you'll see. (Or just look around in the .config file in /boot. I'll try to make a new version based off 14.04 and kernel 4.4.x. (I have it layijg around somewhere, and I've put in on hold since the beginning of this thread so I might as well take a stab at it) If I remember correctly, it should have support for ALL USB wireless adapters that the kernel supports (except the really old "B-based" ones.) don't know when I have the time though. Maybe this sunday if I'm lucky.
Correction Soli: If *we* are lucky! Wink
Hi ATV1 fans!I have a sad story which I’d really appreciate some help with.My ATV1 has been running well for a long time with Chewitts OpenELEC Kodi 15.2 build. Then I got careless and tried to “check for automatic updates”. It never booted since.I was very excited to find the Kinos build here but can't install it. I followed all the instructions, created a bootable USB using Win32DiskImager and held the down button on the remote. It seems to be booting from the USB, but fails. Now I’m stuck at the same point whether I try to boot without any USB, with Kinos or with Kodi 15.2 (same USB which worked in the past).The Kodi logo briefly shows (no sign of the OpenELEC logo or the penguin), then it stops with these messages:mount: mounting /dev/sda3 on /root failed: Invalid argumentmount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directorymount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directorymount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directoryTarget filesystem doesn’t have requested /sbin/init.BusyBox v1.1.8.5 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.5-1ubuntu4.1) built-in shell (ash)(initramsf)I’m guessing that I messed up some core files with the update check and the Kinos is partly installed, so I need to use SSH to do some fixing? I’m a novice to linux, but I can read up on how to use SSH from Win10 with a little expert guidance.Please help!
hello. Sorry for my bad english.
I have a problem- pvr iptv simple client does not work, i try many times start but when i put playlist from extensions and enable this, after enable in settings tv program says- no one pwr client has enabled and thats all. Can someone help me, i need working pvr simple client too much. Thx
(2018-12-07, 13:21)billjonz Wrote: Hi ATV1 fans!I have a sad story which I’d really appreciate some help with.My ATV1 has been running well for a long time with Chewitts OpenELEC Kodi 15.2 build. Then I got careless and tried to “check for automatic updates”. It never booted since.I was very excited to find the Kinos build here but can't install it. I followed all the instructions, created a bootable USB using Win32DiskImager and held the down button on the remote. It seems to be booting from the USB, but fails. Now I’m stuck at the same point whether I try to boot without any USB, with Kinos or with Kodi 15.2 (same USB which worked in the past).The Kodi logo briefly shows (no sign of the OpenELEC logo or the penguin), then it stops with these messages:mount: mounting /dev/sda3 on /root failed: Invalid argumentmount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directorymount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directorymount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directoryTarget filesystem doesn’t have requested /sbin/init.BusyBox v1.1.8.5 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.5-1ubuntu4.1) built-in shell (ash)(initramsf)I’m guessing that I messed up some core files with the update check and the Kinos is partly installed, so I need to use SSH to do some fixing? I’m a novice to linux, but I can read up on how to use SSH from Win10 with a little expert guidance.Please help!
Ive been travelling. Just try another usb stick. Doesnt matter how much you messed up.
Hi! First of all, just wanted to give my thanks to Soli for this awesome release. It's a serious breath of fresh air for some otherwise ancient hardware, especially for folks like myself who are stuck on the component video interface.

The only issue I'm seeing is one I'm seeing with the 2017.01 release of OSMC as well -- SSA subtitles don't seem to work. Kodi detects them in the file, but they never render onto the screen. Perhaps an issue with the version of libass4 installed? Anyone else have any luck, or any ideas on how to get them working?
Recently got the old ATV working and it's even better now with Kinos.  The old Broadcom card (very original 1st model) is working well enough.  Hey, more chips must be better than less, right?  I just truly love the old stuff and thinking of that the build quality of the ATV1 is still quite a bit higher than the rest and looks exquisite next to the more modern plastic boxes.  The component outs along with the Toslink are nice as well.

Upon research (somewhat heavy, this was not incredibly easy to find) I somehow managed to stumble upon this and have been pleasantly surprised.  Previously it was running another version though I always longed for a streamlined version and this is it!

I must say it's a bit sad we likely won't see that 14 version to eek out that last bit of performance out of this thing though as it stands it's enough.  I'm very happy to be able to use this and thank you Soli!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 15