No sound in xvid/divx/wmv and mp3
Hi!

I have ubuntu and xbmc, all is running fine but no sound in xvid/divx/mp3.
Video is playing good, but no sound.
So, if i play mkv or TS with DTS or Dolby i got plenty of sound, on my revicer i can see it gets DTS or DD.
What is wrong here?
Do you get sound in Ubuntu outside of XBMC when playing that sort of media?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Sounds like you need to enable the passthrough for alsa.

Not familiar with the gui, but from the command line type 'alsamixer', then arrow key over to iec958 and press 'm' to unmute, 'esc' to exit.

xgrep
return null;
I had the same problem. I am using a sound card that "aplay -l" says is "C-Media CMI8768" with the coax digital audio out to my DTS/Dolby receiver and when I play an MKV or AVI with digital sound, it works fine, but when I try to play an AVI with MP3 sound (or even a WAV or MP3 file) nothing comes out.

If I quit xbmc and then use aplay or mpg123, it didn't work either until I used alsamixer to change just one iec958 settings (like mute and unmute the loopback) and then aplay and mpg123 would work again (while xbmc was down). I also used "alsactl store 0" and "alsactrl restore 0" after starting xbmc - that makes the navigation sounds work.

It finally turned out to be the "volume" in the actual audio page had somehow (maybe I did it a while ago) got set to off. It might have been me playing with it while a DTS movie was playing as this does not affect the sound in pass-through mode.

In any case, to fix it for me, I started playing an AVI with an MP3 audio track and during playback, I clicked menu, selected the audio page (same place where you set audio track and subtitles) and I reset the "volume" to the max.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in xvid/divx/wmv and mp30