'What Add On Do You Use For 4K???'
Sorry, I just thought I'd share this experience. On another forum I posted a screenshot of 4K content on my Kodi setup. A user replied to me with this;

"What addon is that, that has 4k streams? I have a 4k monitor but didn't know there was a way for Kodi to play 4k content, as I am an avid user of Kodi lol."

An 'Avid user of Kodi' assumed that I was using add ons at all when the only two video add ons I have installed are YouTube and Twitch (Cause Apple Trailers broke. Sad ) I guess such an 'Avid User' doesn't know that Kodi can just play files from the server in the other side of my apartment. Tongue
Yeah it is, frankly, a constant bloody battle.

I blame developing for Android, which brought in a shit load of enthusiastic, but basically ignorant, users.

PS please note I am not expressing a "Team" view.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-30, 03:13)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Sorry, I just thought I'd share this experience. On another forum I posted a screenshot of 4K content on my Kodi setup. A user replied to me with this;

"What addon is that, that has 4k streams? I have a 4k monitor but didn't know there was a way for Kodi to play 4k content, as I am an avid user of Kodi lol."

An 'Avid user of Kodi' assumed that I was using add ons at all when the only two video add ons I have installed are YouTube and Twitch (Cause Apple Trailers broke. Sad ) I guess such an 'Avid User' doesn't know that Kodi can just play files from the server in the other side of my apartment. Tongue

Computer Users Non Technical (Tongue) cannot separate the addons from Kodi. In much the same way as they think WIFI and broadband are the same thing.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-04-30, 18:35)speedwell68 Wrote: Computer Users Non Technical (Tongue) cannot separate the addons from Kodi. In much the same way as they think WIFI and broadband are the same thing.

The thread in question was actually on a tech/PC Gaming forum. Sad

I had the same thing happen with a co-worker who used Kodi with Addons. They asked which ones I had and I was like 'Youtube and sometimes Twitch?'
(2017-05-01, 03:14)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 18:35)speedwell68 Wrote: Computer Users Non Technical (Tongue) cannot separate the addons from Kodi. In much the same way as they think WIFI and broadband are the same thing.

The thread in question was actually on a tech/PC Gaming forum. Sad

I had the same thing happen with a co-worker who used Kodi with Addons. They asked which ones I had and I was like 'Youtube and sometimes Twitch?'

I had a similar experience. I asked them if they favoured Plex or MySQL.Big Grin Their Kodi install broke and they wanted me to return it to default. I refused as the Kodi install they got back wouldn't be to their taste. So I suggested they take it back to where they got it from. Needless to say that person wasn't answering emails, they bought another one. I then pointed out that these free films had cost them nearly £100 in a year and they would have been better off paying for Amazon or Netflix.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Yeah. I get this all the time. "yo, I picked up one of those jail broken firestick with Kodi on it. I fucking love the thing" word for word that was said to me yesterday at an engagement party.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-04-30, 06:13)nickr Wrote: Yeah it is, frankly, a constant bloody battle.

I blame developing for Android, which brought in a shit load of enthusiastic, but basically ignorant, users.

PS please note I am not expressing a "Team" view.
I see what you mean, but honestly, android boxes are the only way I can reliably get kodi, Netflix and amazon prime all on the same device. Cheaply and in a super small form factor, too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'What Add On Do You Use For 4K???'0