TheTVDB scraper combines TV Shows (corrupted?)
Having a problem over a few installations of Kodi 17.1.

Either scraping new TV Show content or fully refreshing a TV Show due to making changes suddenly Kodi is combining TV Shows together as if they were in the same folder. For example, I refreshed Black Sails and suddenly it was combined with The Simpsons. In the alphabetical listing of TV Shows, under B-L-A-C-K it read The Simpsons. Open the TV Show and all artwork if for 28 season of the Simpsons. Enter Season 1 and there's listings for 2 episode 1's, one for The Simpsons episode 1 and 1 for Black Sails episode 1.

I try to re-refresh Black Sails and now a third TV show has combined in.

Then adding new episodes to other TV shows suddenly combines that series with something else.

All TV Shows are in separate folders identified by proper name. There is no mixed-up overlap in the file system.

Does anyone know what is going on with Kodi and how to stop it? The only working solution I have is ti remove and then re-add all TV Show sources with several library clean-ups.

Thanks.
This hasn't ever happened to anyone else?

3 different Kodi set-ups in 2 different houses. It's just.... odd.
Maybe provide a debug log? Enable debug and update library and we can see what happens.
Unfortunately this is a completely random occurrence. If's not happening every time I scrape or even re-scrape a TV series. It's happened before to only 1, well 2, series but re-scraping the messed up one and doing a library scrape seemed to work it out. This time is just starred combining series, on multiple Kodi installs on 2 completely different home networks. Again, it just made no sense why Kodi would do this.

I've resolved the messed up library by removing all TV sources then cleaning the library and re-adding all TV sourses. So far it's not messing up again. Guess it's just a UFO in my neck of the woods.
Yes, it is an odd one. Don't recall reading any other posts like it.

It usually turns out to be a file structure or naming problem. Most common issue is caused by having the kodi "source" one level too high, ie the user has f:\media\tvshows as directory, instead of setting source on "tvshows' they set the source as 'media'. This results in some odd behaviour when scraping like scraping tv shows that the user does not have.

But your issue of combining tv shows is a bit of an odd one.
My file structure is D:\TV Shows 1(2,3)\Show Title\Season 1(2,3,4 etc)

These are seasons of shows that have been set in place for about as long as I've been using XBMC/Kodi. All shows have local .nfo and artwork exported from my main "maintenance" PC right after initial scraping.

I also mange a Kodi system for my friend who's far from computer literate so he gets some of the same files of shows.

The problem came from scraping some new episodes, through local .nfo information, when suddenly Black Sails was combined with The Simpsons. All artwork was overtaken by The Simpsons including posters, fanart etc. When going to season 1 through Kodi episode listings for both shows were there. Playing any file would work as "normal". But The Simpsons was now alphabetically where Black Sails should be and where The Simpsons was is now gone.

Refreshing all information for "Black Sails" only then further combined another TV show into the mess. And then in another place 2 more shows joined together. Shows that are on different network hard drives so it's not even like I accidentally dragged on TV show folder into another which would make some sense.

Then this all happened on 2 of my systems PLUS at my friend's, so two completely different home networks and set's of drives and files.

It's just so, weird!
And the only thing in common with all those systems is the .nfo files?

With your file structure, do you mean... (I am sure it is what you mean, just double checking)
D:\TV Shows 1\Show Title\Season 1
D:\TV Shows 1\Show Title\Season 2
D:\TV Shows 1\Show Title\Season 3
D:\TV Shows 2\Show Title\Season 1
D:\TV Shows 3\Show Title\Season 1

Which directory is your source?

Using Notepad, open one of the nfo's from a problem show and copy and paste its contents here. It might reveal something.
No, each different TV Shows main directory, which are each individual sources, are on separate drives. TV Shows 1 is on a different drive than TV Shows 2 and so on.

Yes, everything has .nfo files local. Some of these shows the same .nfo files for several years since I began this adventure.

The "problem" shows are any at random. This has happened twice in the past but briefly and in some way I resolved the issue (TV show re-scan or fully remove, re-add the source). This time I just did a full removal of the sources and re-added them all as things just got progressively worse. At the moment there is no issue and hopefully it won't happen again. I was just trying to see what strange possible cause it might be. It makes no sense for scraping 1 TV show on one drive from one source would somehow be merged with another show on another drive from another source. Even just scraping the video sources individually caused this but then it stopped. It's just very very weird.

I'd give more information but like I said when it happens it just happens so no clue if/when it might again. Just odd that it's happened to me, in 2 different places, but no one else has come across their weirdness.

Thanks for trying to help figure it all out. I'll just chock it up to gremlins.
This just happened to me so went here to find a solution but while browsing around I managed to fix it by myself.
And it wasn't that tricky, just went into the two shows that was combined and chose to refresh all episodes and after that they showed as they were supposed to.
I have no clue what so ever what made this happen. I have a very basic folder structure compared to Charger Hellcat with all my shows on one drive in separate folders with all seasons in the same folder.

Just thought I should write it down just in case someone else ends up her with the same problem.
@inzzzomnia
Thanks for sharing. It is an unusual hiccup.

Hopefully Charger Hellcat will read and let us know if it has resolved his problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'd already stated that refreshing the combined show was only making things worse by combining in more shows.

The problem was obviously happening within the Kodi library structure and had nothing to do with file structures as these files and folders have been used before.

It happened at one time a long while ago but back then it was as simple as refreshing the messed up TV show then scraping the hard drive of the second (now missing) TV show. When it happened this last time that did not fix and completely removing ALL TV sources then re-adding them was the only way to resolve things.

It's been fine since my last post here. Fingers crossed.
Just had this happen again completely at random. 3 shows were combined with 3 other shows.

Not sure how I'm the only one who's discovered this issue.
(2017-08-16, 21:50)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Just had this happen again completely at random. 3 shows were combined with 3 other shows.

Not sure how I'm the only one who's discovered this issue.

No, you are not alone with this issue. I've encountered exactly the same problem a few times over recent months, particularly when making changes to existing TV show items. See the below link, as I found this actually seems to resolve the issue, without having to remove the entire library and then re-scrapping. Hopefully it will work for you as well:-

2631134 (post)

Good luck Smile
Well for how infrequently this occurs and how I've been able to resolve it I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing this behavior. Still sucks but a bit less in knowing I'm not just going crazy!
(2017-08-16, 22:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Well for how infrequently this occurs and how I've been able to resolve it I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing this behavior. Still sucks but a bit less in knowing I'm not just going crazy!

No, not going crazy, but I must admit it had me completely stumped the first few times it happened and just couldn't work out why it was happening or how to fix it without a complete removal/re-add of my library Sad

So, I still might know what causes it to happen, but at least I do seem to have found a reasonably quick fix for when it occurs in the future.....That's good enough for me! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB scraper combines TV Shows (corrupted?)0