[FEATURE REQUEST] Assign Thumbs to Playlists
Hi there,

any possibility to assign a thumb to smart playlists?

That way it would be easy to build up an alphabetical overview of i.e. artists, that also looks nice.
So i have playlists like

"Artists with A". "Artists with B" and so on, and i'd love to see images like A, B, C etc. as a thumb instead of the standard playlist thumb.

I hope you get what i ask for.
cheers,azido :;):
If you use Video_nodes (wiki) instead of smart playlist you can change the icon to whatever you want.
(2017-05-01, 13:26)Av3nged Wrote: If you use Video_nodes (wiki) instead of smart playlist you can change the icon to whatever you want.

I guess that is not valid for the music section, which is where i want to start that "feature".
(2017-05-01, 22:45)azido Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 13:26)Av3nged Wrote: If you use Video_nodes (wiki) instead of smart playlist you can change the icon to whatever you want.

I guess that is not valid for the music section, which is where i want to start that "feature".

The way I approached this was after I read one of the posts on the forum, and is as follows:

(1) Create a folder within playlists/music for each playlist that you have, naming the folder the name of the playlist.
(2) Move the actual playlist into the folder created in (1).
(3) Put your icon or image into the folder created in (1), naming the image folder.jpg.

Then you will have images/icons for your music playlist.

To instigate playing the playlist, just use the context menu to play the folder, or the play button if you are using a remote. This "saves" the extra step of navigating into the folder to play the playlist.

I hope this may help and makes sense.
(2017-05-01, 22:45)azido Wrote:

Valid for music too http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes
(2017-05-02, 19:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Valid for music too http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes

Phew.. exactly what i want Nod

Using the library node editor nowadays is as easy as creating smart playlists. Here a little start:

Am i able to have a fanart in this node overview?
(2017-05-02, 03:14)gesundheit Wrote: The way I approached this was after I read one of the posts on the forum, and is as follows:

Nice, easy and fast idea. The only thing that bothers me here is that i need 2 clicks to be able to browse the playlist, one for the folder, one for the playlist.

Editing the nodes worked way better.
Anyone has any idea how I can add an icon to my playlists and make it show in a widget and play from there...I managed to make it work with the folder.jpg in each folder but would like something better like play straight away instead of have to open folder....was using super favourites to achive this before but not playlists are not playing anymore from widgets in leia....thanks for any help...
(2017-05-02, 22:12)azido Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 03:14)gesundheit Wrote: The way I approached this was after I read one of the posts on the forum, and is as follows:

Nice, easy and fast idea. The only thing that bothers me here is that i need 2 clicks to be able to browse the playlist, one for the folder, one for the playlist.

Editing the nodes worked way better. 

It's two years later, and editing nodes doesn't seem to actually do anything for me.  Does this still work for you and have you tried on version 18?

All I want to do is create a screen of smart playlists, which appears when a main menu item is selected.
At the moment I can get a list, which is not wrapped, doesn't show the text label, and has no ability to modify the icon....

Thanks
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST] Assign Thumbs to Playlists0