Filmon shutdowns
Hi

Filmon channels are playing for about 10 minutes at a time and shuts down to main Filmon menu.This started yesterday and continues today.Any ideas what is going on?
Thank you
Please read the two other threads discussing this same issue.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313570

and

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313555
(2017-05-02, 11:58)Souxante Wrote: Hi

Filmon channels are playing for about 10 minutes at a time and shuts down to main Filmon menu.This started yesterday and continues today.Any ideas what is going on?
Thank you

As of Monday all filmon is now payable Confused, for some reason the only place its still working is my LT
Dear User,

Thank you for contacting FilmOn Customer Support.
Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
We're very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance.
Please note that HQ subscription will let you watch Live TV without ads, in better quality than SD and will bring you 10 hours of reusable recording space, and purchase it you may here: http://www.filmon.tv/subscriptions/

Kind regards,
FilmOn.com Support Team

I have written to them asking if I pay will it work ok Kodi they told me to come here Rolleyes i suppose nobody knows yet how it will work, waiting for nother email
Good luck cos I have tried everything possible to get it to work though Kodi Confused
The add-on author will have to deal with it. What we will not countenance is trying to get around having to pay.

It shouldn't be hard to get the Kodi add-on to authenticate to your filmon account, but the real problem is likely to be DRM.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi All,

Filmon is asking 14 Euros per month to give you and account, if one gets a VPN that would only cost £2.5 per month, how did they get this figure?

Is there any other alternative to FilmOn at all?

Cheers

Siamak
What's the price of a VPN got to do with anything? Completely irrelevant given that FilmOn is a streaming service, and not a VPN.

And with regards their pricing structure, it's got nothing to do with Kodi, you'd have to go and ask FilmOn how they get to their figure.
Not sure why anyone will pay to get subscription for live TV that is available for free over the air (unless you're not living in that location and don't have someone to piggybackBig Grin)
IMHO buying a TV Gateway makes a lot more sense now, http://kodi.wiki/view/VBox_Home_TV_Gateway
Hi , I can't seem to get the Kodi add-on to authenticate my new filmon account?,I have put the correct info in the add-on but keep getting kicked out?Huh
Anyone help this newbyBig GrinBig Grin:
(2017-05-04, 00:30)nickr Wrote: The add-on author will have to deal with it. What we will not countenance is trying to get around having to pay.

It shouldn't be hard to get the Kodi add-on to authenticate to your filmon account, but the real problem is likely to be DRM.

could you tell me what DRM is or means?? sorry Im a newby and dont understand alot of the jargon.Big Grin
Google
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-04, 14:15)Siafix06 Wrote: Hi All,

Filmon is asking 14 Euros per month to give you and account, if one gets a VPN that would only cost £2.5 per month, how did they get this figure?

Is there any other alternative to FilmOn at all?

Cheers

Siamak

Where did you see it that it cost 2.50,- pm I have a VPN and it says nothing about costing GBP2.50,-
(2017-05-05, 21:41)1962savoy Wrote: Hi , I can't seem to get the Kodi add-on to authenticate my new filmon account?,I have put the correct info in the add-on but keep getting kicked out?Huh
Anyone help this newbyBig GrinBig Grin:

Have you paid for filmon of you have then you need to contact them if not, yes it only plays for about 3 min and disconnects
although not the same question but as per above, filmon now asking for subscriptions. I don't watch a lot of television so therefore i am reluctant to pay monthly, yearly, as I have already paid a one off fee for the hardware which obviously now is redundant. but i need some help and i am a techno idiot.
i just want to buy a box, a one off payment and plug into my internet. WIFI out here in the sticks is a little unstable. there is a slight difficulty maybe, I live in the SW France. KODI has been recommended by my children who live in the UK and who seem to know about this stuff, however, they are not sure what will work here. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
(2017-05-06, 11:37)Steve M Wrote: although not the same question but as per above, filmon now asking for subscriptions. I don't watch a lot of television so therefore i am reluctant to pay monthly, yearly, as I have already paid a one off fee for the hardware which obviously now is redundant. but i need some help and i am a techno idiot.
i just want to buy a box, a one off payment and plug into my internet. WIFI out here in the sticks is a little unstable. there is a slight difficulty maybe, I live in the SW France. KODI has been recommended by my children who live in the UK and who seem to know about this stuff, however, they are not sure what will work here. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Hello SteveM,

Yes, not the same question. For future reference please start a new thread so the existing thread doesn't become cluttered and run off topic. It is disrespectful to the original poster who is trying to have their issue solved. No problems though.

You are not really clear on what you are trying to achieve, so unless you provide details of your expectations and usage, I can only point you in the following directions...

1. If you want "free stuff", read this... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293113
2. To find out what hardware to purchase we have a dedicated hardware forum... http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112

If you want to ask more questions on hardware, start a new thread in the hardware forum. Lots of hardware experience there that can offer you assistance. Just tell them what you want to do.

Happy reading.
this thread serves no purpose. if you have issues with kodi please post here. if you have issues with filmon you can contact them here : https://filmontv.wordpress.com/contact/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filmon shutdowns0