What I saw today really Pisses me off!!!
Exclamation 
I am taking issue with something I saw yesterday. I was in the Mall in Reno NV, (The Only One). There was a Kiosk Stand selling what is called a Dragon Box. They have a website and promote re-sellers.

The stand said stop by and see if you qualify, (Really? A free and Open Source). They had 3 TV screens going and they were selling pre-loaded PRE 17.1 version loads, (16.1), for $350 each with additional costs for upgrades and warranties. They are claiming to be the provider of the service and charging for everything they can get away with.

I am totally pissed because these are the Jerks that ruin everything for others because of greed... Is there anything that can be done?

I have been with KODI, (XBMC), from the start and I have to admit that I have friends and family get a device and I load and configure for them. I do not charge and any help that they need is provided from me for FREE. I have 3 dozen people at least that rely upon me. I primarily provide to friends and family in their senior years that cannot afford the criminal fees for television services. To me it is the window to their world and I help keep them current and their minds active.

These JERKS ruin things that help people in the name of the almighty dollar.

Best Regards,

MookieAngry
Unfortunately these bottom feeders are everywhere. Kodi developers are aware and hopefully a solution is on the table !!

Sent from my iPhone
I educate friends and family and whom ever is interested with Kodi . Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-05-02, 22:32)mookiex4 Wrote: I am taking issue with something I saw yesterday. I was in the Mall in Reno NV, (The Only One). There was a Kiosk Stand selling what is called a Dragon Box. They have a website and promote re-sellers.

The stand said stop by and see if you qualify, (Really? A free and Open Source). They had 3 TV screens going and they were selling pre-loaded PRE 17.1 version loads, (16.1), for $350 each with additional costs for upgrades and warranties. They are claiming to be the provider of the service and charging for everything they can get away with.

I am totally pissed because these are the Jerks that ruin everything for others because of greed... Is there anything that can be done?

I have been with KODI, (XBMC), from the start and I have to admit that I have friends and family get a device and I load and configure for them. I do not charge and any help that they need is provided from me for FREE. I have 3 dozen people at least that rely upon me. I primarily provide to friends and family in their senior years that cannot afford the criminal fees for television services. To me it is the window to their world and I help keep them current and their minds active.

These JERKS ruin things that help people in the name of the almighty dollar.

Best Regards,

MookieAngry

I should keep quiet, but...

1. I share your anger at those who ruin Kodi's reputation by selling boxes loaded with shady add-ons to allow unauthorized access to non-free programming.

2. "Robin Hood-ism" isn't morally superior to number 1.

3. I'm aware of my own hypocrisy, thank you very much. I don't use streaming add-ons but I have been known to visit a torrent site every now and then.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Quote:Posted by mookiex4 - Today 22:32
I am taking issue with something I saw yesterday. I was in the Mall in Reno NV, (The Only One). There was a Kiosk Stand selling what is called a Dragon Box. They have a website and promote re-sellers.

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313450

Cool down. What I understood today there's no need to worry. No additional action is needed. Everything is under control.

Regards,
stefan
Were the boxes branded as Kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What I saw today really Pisses me off!!!0