What hardware to buy for multiple rooms?
I have an HTPC in the living room running Windows 7. It's great! I use Kodi to watch movies and tv on the hard drive. I use WMC to PVR OTA content. (I originally set up ServerWMC to integrate with XBMC, but had trouble getting it to work with the newer Kodi updates and gave up.) I use a SMK‑Link Utlra Mini Wireless Keyboard as my remote (VP6364)

I just got a TV for the bedroom and I'd like to watch the shows on my HTPC from the bedroom and have them marked as "watched.". I'd like to be able to use a duplicate SMK-Link remote so that my wife doesn't have to learn new things. What is the cheapest, simplest way to make this happen? What should I buy? Raspberry Pi? WeTek Core? Chromecast? Something else?
Sure not a chromecast.
A Raspberry or an android box with a system to share your library --> ( http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL ) should satisfy you.
Peppe
Install Emby server on your HTPC as long as it runs 24/7. It is the easiest way to run a multi room library. You then use the Emby add on on each XBMC/Kodi client. This also allows each instance to run a different version of Kodi. Then a Raspi, O2 or AML s905x running Libreelec would be cost effective. Don't know about your remote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010
Use MySQL. Emby is a resource hog and not needed in your scenario. +1 for a s905 box running libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I decided to get an Intel NUC (BOXNUC6CAYH) with 8gb ram and 120GB ssd for a total of about $250. My htpc runs windows 7, so this way I'll be hopefully be able to network easily. Thanks for the help.
Big spender!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-07, 01:50)nickr Wrote: Big spender!!

Nod and great device!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What hardware to buy for multiple rooms?0