WOL not working as intended
Hi - I've tried my best to solve this by myself, but I'm at a dead end. Any expert help is much appreciated.

I have multiple Kodi devices running the latest v17 Krypton, with a backend media server and a separate "server" that runs Windows 7/WMC/ServerWMC. That second server is exclusively for WMC, nothing else happens on it. It stores recordings locally.

Now, we don't watch TV as much, so even though in the past I had this WMC server running 24x7, I thought I should set it up for WOL to reduce the energy footprint. We literally fire up the TV part in Kodi may be twice a week. Now, the Kodi devices are NOT powered off at all since they are very low powered to begin with, they are on 24x7. So...

I've got the server configured correctly for WOL, got the pvr.wmc plugin configured for WOL, and the plugin wakes up the machine when needed. However....Kodi and/or pvr.wmc plugin keeps sending the WOL command ~every 5 minutes or so. The server will go to sleep, but will keep waking up every 5ish minutes.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there a bug in Kodi/pvr.wmc plugin? Something else? I've verified that nothing else is waking the server, it's the Kodi device(s). I've disconnected all, and kept only one, and it wakes the server up every 5ish minutes. If I disconnect all Kodi devices, the server will stay asleep.

Help?
Have you tried turning off the WOL feature in the pvr.wmc addon to see if that really is the source of the problem? You can find it on its configuration page.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yes it is. I can SEE the lil message pop up in Kodi - "Sending WOL to server"...from pvr.wmc.
That's not what I am asking:

Have you tried turning off the WOL feature in the pvr.wmc addon to see if that really is the source of the problem? You can find it on its configuration page.
(2017-05-04, 01:18)krustyreturns Wrote: That's not what I am asking:

My apologies. Yes, I did try that. Without that enabled, the server won't even wake up. Remember, this server is ONLY for WMC, my media is on a different server.
I don't think we can fix this problem using the WOL in pvr.wmc. Kodi keeps our addon active while kodi is running, and as long as its active, it will send WOL to the server if that's how its configured. The problem is pvr.wmc has no way of knowing if the user is actively using kodi live-tv or if the user is doing something else in kodi.

The only option I can see right now is to disable live-tv when you aren't using it in kodi's settings, if you're only using it a couple of times a week that may not be too bad. Or disable the WOL in pvr.wmc and use a third party addon for WOL (although I doubt there is one that can only send WOL if the user is doing a live-tv related action).
That's disappointing. That means that a TV "server" can never be setup to sleep, essentially.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WOL not working as intended0