• 13(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
Hi extremeaudio. Can you please explain it a bit. You mean xsqueeze or squeezebox? And which mac adress where?

Thank you Elluminatus
(2018-12-06, 23:44)just Learning Wrote: thanks to op/marcelveldt, kodi team, and others posting to this thread.

to give hope to others I have this kodi/addon working with the following :

odroid c2  w/32g micro-sd and usb sound dongle w/3.5mm out 
libreElec 8.2.5 w/ kodi 17.6
multimedia tools - 8.2.105; main menu,addons,install from repository,libreelec add-ons,program addons.
squeezebox 1.0.19; main menu,addons,install from repository,marcelveldt's beta repository,music add-ons.
... one needs to add marcelveldt's repo via post #1 before adding 'squeezebox' addon.
configure via, main menu,addons,my add-ons,music add-ons.
I selected my usb device.
rebooted kodi.

notes: I need to stop squeezelite via squeezebox before playing a movie/video I suspect as tolot noted in #133.
restart squeezebox once movie stops.

extra codos that lyrics works.
'picture slideshow screensaver' works while on the main kodi menu screen, even showing 'current playing' album cover and song name even via 'radio paradise' flac stream.
kodi/squeezebox syncs well with my other 3 rpi-squeezelites for whole house music and control ! nice.

nice I can have the 4k tv on, listening to music with artwork being displayed.
 update from my previous post.

I wanted to state what works for me as when reading long posts, I get confused if the addon works or not and what folks were using to get it to work.

squeezebox has been working great for me until I upgraded to:
LibreELEC (official): 9.0.1
that has
Kodi (18.1 Git:18.1-Leia)

and squeezebox stopped working.
it would play for a second or two and stop as others have reported.
it didn't matter if I started the lms/players via this kodi or my other dedicated squeeze players in the house, after 2 seconds or so all players in the house stopped.
my players are sync'd.
un-syncing this kodi squeezebox player allowed the other players to play normally/continuously, while this un-sync'd kodi/squeezebox player would still stop after the 2 seconds.

I did the change of commenting out the
'def onPlayBackStopped(self):'
suggested by
NewTomorrow on post #152
and it seems to be working normal again.
added benefit is that I don't need to stop squeezebox/lms playing when starting a movie via kodi, my music then resumes playing once the movie is stopped.
nice.

thanks NewTomorrow.
I have followed the instructions to install Squeezebox on Kodi. I'm using 18RC on OSMC and RB 3b+. My squeezeserver is on a window 10, I also have various squeeze hw. I also setup a Kodi on a windows 10 and installed squeezebox under kodi. All are able to sync except the RB which is not showing as a player.

I found this thread https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/install-and-...zelite/753 and installed squeezelite under OSMC. First I did everything and it worked. Then I removed the changes in settings and still all worked.

So this is was I was left with:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install squeezelite
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
reboot

I hope this can help some.
(2018-02-24, 23:40)junkmarsh Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 14:25)junkmarsh Wrote: 1. That they can see songs in track number order when browsing an album
2. That they can browse a list of artists when browsing a genre
3. That they can browse a list of albums when selecting a composer
4. That they can see files when browsing by music folder

In case anyone else is interested in these issues, I have been able to resolve most of them by making minor changes to the python script.

1) To get album tracks appearing in track order rather than alphabetical, you need to add "sort:tracknum" to line 109 of plugin_content.py so that it becomes
request_str = "tracks 0 100000 tags:%s sort:tracknum" % TAGS_BASIC

2) to browse artists rather than albums when selecting a genre, change the word "tracks" to "artists" in line 167 of plugin_content.py, so that it becomes
cmd = "artists&params=genre_id:%s" % item["id"]

4) to see files when browsing the music folder (rather than all folders seeming empty) is a little more complicated. The problem is that there is an error (at least I think it's an error) in the create_track_listitem definition. To correct it, copy line 557 from the create_artist_listitem definition (the one beginning 'thumb =') and paste it as an additional line into the create_track_listitem definition (so it wil become line 640 - make sure the indenting stays correct. I don't really understand Python and it caused me some trouble). Then copy lines 568/569/570 and replace the equivalent lines in the create_track_listitem definition (which, with the additional line, should be 657/658/659).

Showing albums under the composer heading is more related to how Squeezeserver presents the database, so that's more difficult. I'm still working on that.

Hope someone finds this useful.

junkmarsh 
Item 4 works! Was driving me mad not being to navigate folders. And although I had the spacing correct in Notepad++, it showed up differently in the native WinSCP editor. Once the lines were added per above and the indent was corrected folder listings work as expected.

Also had the issue with stopping playback that was fixed in post 152.

Thank you gentlemen for posting your solutions!
(2018-09-20, 23:56)NewTomorrow Wrote: Just for future reference -

I do not know what is actually causing the issue nor have I really looked or tracked Kodi's messaging, but commenting out:

code:
    def onPlayBackStopped(self):
        '''Kodi event fired when playback is stopped'''
        if self.is_playing:
            self.lmsserver.stop()
            log_msg("playback stopped")
        self.is_playing = False

from the plugin's player_monitor.py corrected my afore mentioned issue of the playback being forced stopped.

Kodi 18 Milhouse #0910, RPi3
Thank you so much for this! RPi3, Libreelec 9.0.1
(2019-03-15, 15:50)Elluminatus Wrote: Hi extremeaudio. Can you please explain it a bit. You mean xsqueeze or squeezebox? And which mac adress where?

Thank you Elluminatus

Hi.

I'm having the same problem. My LMS is running and working fine. With XSqueeze on Kodi I can connect and it is running well. Also on a another Raspberry with piCorePlayer installed there a no issues.

But using "Squeezebox for Kodi" just doesn't work. My log says:
Quote:WARNING: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Exception in lmsserver ! --> Server is offline or connection error...
I tried to enter the server IP manually but it didn't help.

Has anyone an idea how to get the plugin running?

Best
ransome
hello,
i wish to start squeezelite with a few more options (like: -W, and -D)

Can I add the options directely in the "main_service.py" file in the function "start_squeezelite", where the list "args" is created?
or the addon is actually using the compiled file?

are there  other methods i can use?

thanks a lot
Hi,
i am trying to get this running, but i can not find squeezelite nor media tools add-on anywhere, can anybody help, please?
Thanks
(2019-06-06, 15:25)Pommmes Wrote: Hi,
i am trying to get this running, but i can not find squeezelite nor media tools add-on anywhere, can anybody help, please?
Thanks
Ok i found mediatools in LibreElec repo, installed it, but still have problems .
I think it didn't install squeezelite nor alsa. Is there a way to check this?
Is this even still working in LibreElec 9.0.2?
Thanks
add this repo

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip

then add from repository, under Music Addon Category, you will find Squeezebox
(2019-06-23, 21:41)jakermx Wrote: add this repo

thanks, i had that installed, but it doesnt work here, it doesnt see my lms. i put in manually the ip of lms and the port...
(2019-06-23, 22:21)Pommmes Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 21:41)jakermx Wrote: add this repo

thanks, i had that installed, but it doesnt work here, it doesnt see my lms. i put in manually the ip of lms and the port... 
I dont know if multimedia tools does install , when i install it, it says the following addons are installed: and the list is empty.
anybody here running squeeze on libreelec 9 succesfully?
I do not know antthing about squezzebox or LMS, but, have you seen this?

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...squeezebox
I have Squeezebox for Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi running Max2Play, the LMS is running on the same Pi.

I have two issues at present.

1.  the only way to get Kodi to recognize LMS at all is to start playing audio through Squeezelight on the Pi before I launch Kodi.

2. Once I get music playing, I never get the "Now Playing" information or the on screen player controls [play, pause, forward, back etc...]. I do get a flicker in the Kodi Interface every few seconds that looks like they are about to appear but they never do.

I can see album artwork and tag information when I am browsing the the LMS Library, just not the current song playing.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you.
(2019-04-15, 16:07)Subaquatic Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 23:56)NewTomorrow Wrote: Just for future reference -

I do not know what is actually causing the issue nor have I really looked or tracked Kodi's messaging, but commenting out:

code:
    def onPlayBackStopped(self):
        '''Kodi event fired when playback is stopped'''
        if self.is_playing:
            self.lmsserver.stop()
            log_msg("playback stopped")
        self.is_playing = False

from the plugin's player_monitor.py corrected my afore mentioned issue of the playback being forced stopped.

Kodi 18 Milhouse #0910, RPi3
Thank you so much for this! RPi3, Libreelec 9.0.1 

For what its worth, i have 3 different LibreELEC devices (rPi3, x86_64) running Squeezelite and Squeezebox for KODI that when updated from LibreELEC 8.X to 9.X, Squeezelite/Squeezebox for KODI exhibited the exact behavior described above:  music starts, but then stops within 1-2 seconds.   The above seems to have solved it for me too.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2