• 19(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
Hi all,

I'm on Libreelec Kodi Matrix too. Seems that this doesn't work anymore now. It means my main livingroom setup is not able to play music through LSM and Airplay anymore (the latter through Kodi directly doesn't work for me either).

Is there any way to start just Squeezelite manually (or preferrably automatically on startup)? Any outlook on someone be able to fix/update this addon?

I was contemplating going to OSMC and run Squeezelite beside it, but unsure if that would work nicely, and more important OSMC with Kodi Matrix doesn't seem to exist for the Raspberry Pi 4.

So; completely stuck, basically. Any other ideas?

Gr, Niels
Ok, I found a bit of light for my usecase; namely a Spotify Connect plugin that actually seems to work on Matrix. Maybe it helps others:

https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spo.../tag/1.2.3

Gr, Niels
I've had this running on an RPi4 for a couple of months now and I think it's brilliant. I can use kodi to watch videos through my TV and I can use the same RPi to listen to music that is seamlessly synced with the other squeezebox players I have in other rooms.

Thanks for the hard work guys. Why this feature isnt built into Kodi as standard is beyond me.
(2021-08-12, 16:46)caned_monkey Wrote: I've had this running on an RPi4 for a couple of months now and I think it's brilliant. I can use kodi to watch videos through my TV and I can use the same RPi to listen to music that is seamlessly synced with the other squeezebox players I have in other rooms.

Thanks for the hard work guys. Why this feature isnt built into Kodi as standard is beyond me.
Hi,
Can you tell me more about your system, such as:
1. Is your RPi4 hosting both Kodi and the squeezeserver?
2. Which version of Kodi and which version of Squeezeserver?
3. Which OS for your RPi4?
4. Did you use the the Marcelveldt's repository https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip, Then Squeezebox for Kodi add-on version 1.0.19?

Thanks!
(2021-08-13, 00:25)nahannidog Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 16:46)caned_monkey Wrote: I've had this running on an RPi4 for a couple of months now and I think it's brilliant. I can use kodi to watch videos through my TV and I can use the same RPi to listen to music that is seamlessly synced with the other squeezebox players I have in other rooms.

Hi,
Can you tell me more about your system, such as:
1. Is your RPi4 hosting both Kodi and the squeezeserver?
2. Which version of Kodi and which version of Squeezeserver?
3. Which OS for your RPi4?
4. Did you use the the Marcelveldt's repository https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip, Then Squeezebox for Kodi add-on version 1.0.19?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a pc with Open Media Vault installed which is my NAS. Also installed on that pc is Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019. The RPi4 has Kodi 18.9 running on it and OS is Libreelec 9.2.6. The Media Tools addon is installed

The Squeezebox for Kodi add-on version 1.0.19 was installed via Marcelveldt's BETA repo v.1.0.3 and then patched using the patch provided by dajoe above.
I'd played with this addon awhile ago, and had forgotten about it.  These recent posts got me looking at it again ... but unfortunately I've since updated to Kodi Matrix (19.0) via LibreElec 10 on my RPi4 and the plugin is only for Kodi Leia (18) from what I can tell.
Hi !
Did anyone tried to update the plugin to kodi 19 with success ?
I took a vague look at it recently but I think it's a fair job - because it uses cherry pi, it's a lot more than your average kodi 18 -> 19 port I think.  But I didn't dig too deep either.  It might be you could just pop in the new one, or move to the module version (https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/) - but it would definitely take some work ... and indeed that module version is out of date too.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
If this addon is so important to people then why not go back to kodi 18.9? It's what I did and I've no plan to update because this feature is too good to lose. What's so special about kodi 19 anyway?
If you don't insist on using Kodi, you may use LibreELEC to run Squeezelite easily.

Setup process

1. Install "Media Tools" add-on.  It's in LibreELEC repo -> Program add-ons

2. Start PuTTY or any other SSH client programs.  Then in SSH console, type "squeezelite" to get it running.  Use Ctrl-C to stop.

3. Tweaks.  Type "squeezelite -a 65536:4::1:1 -b 20000:30000 -r 352800 -R v:1A:1:32:95.4:104.6:50" so everything is resampled up to 352.8kHz (my DAC's limit) to play DSD128/256 files.  Type "squeezelite -?" to see what those parameters mean.

See reference.

My system:

RPi 3B+
LibreELEC V9.2.8
Hifiberry DAC2 Pro
Hello,

I forked the addon and updated it to make it work with Kodi 20. Still contains a lot of deprecated code but at least the errors are gone.

https://github.com/jose1711/plugin.audio.squeezebox
Cheers @jose1711

What's the best way to install your forked version?

I downloaded the zip package from GitHub and installed from that zip, but it didn't pick up the addon icon.

Thanks.
@kidhazy downloading the zip from github is currently the best option (you may also want to clone the repo if you have command-line access to .kodi/addons). i fixed the icon issue the other day - you may want to redownload.
I ssh'ed into my RPi4 LibreELEC box, and did a wget in the home directory:
  Installed Multimedia Tools from the Program addons.
Then installed this master.zip from Kodi. It kindof works, in that I can then browse my music library and play it from Kodi. However, LMS does not recognize Kodi as a player.
Am I missing something?  Also, running squeezelite from CLI give the errors:
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # squeezelite
[08:50:32.640142] test_open:281 playback open error: Device or resource busy
[08:50:32.640366] output_init_common:401 unable to open output device: default
Oh, and another thing @jose1711, I did reboot the pi.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2