• 9(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
Hi there.
i cant play any MP3 files anymore. Does anybody know whats going on and how i should fix this?

greetings
M.
LMS 7.9.1
RbP2/ Libreelec
SQb radio
Not without a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My log shows these errors

16:58:04.188 T:3208463264 WARNING: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> 'item_loop'
16:58:04.269 T:3796890528 WARNING: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Exception in lmsserver ! --> Server is offline or connection error...

Server is very much online. I also tried manually entering the server IP address but no luck.
Will this work with PulseAudio on Ubuntu 17.10? If so it would be perfect for my setup!
(2017-12-13, 17:07)itm1960 Wrote: Will this work with PulseAudio on Ubuntu 17.10? If so it would be perfect for my setup!
 Hmmm...so I just tried it...the install seemed to go OK, with my LMS server recognising the Squeezelite player. For some reason my Ubuntu box hung when trying to reboot, but I hit the reset button and it booted fine the 2nd time. I then tried to play back a playlist on the Kodi player and it seemed to try to play several tracks from the playlist simultaneously, usually playing a track for a few seconds before skipping to the next one.

Any ideas whether this might be fixable?
Please see post 122 above.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-13, 21:20)nickr Wrote: Please see post 122 above.
 Sorry - here's my log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26183671/

What I did was:
- Start playback of a track using the LMS web interface on a laptop - so far so good
- Hit the pause button on the web interface - no reponse (i.e. playback didn't pause)
- Played another track - it started playing at the same time as the original track
Hello,
i am new to this forum and absolute beginner when it comes to linux.
I have a Synology ds418j running LMS and two Libreelec Raspberry 3 with attached usb dac.
I really love the Squeeze Addon, but it doesnt run well.
I control LMS with Ipeng9 on ios.
When i start playing music, after around 10 seconds my Kodi freezes.
I was able to run it on the second PI, it ran more than an hour, very stable and i thought its fine.
So i cloned the SD and tried with the other PI, and the same issue: freezing after 10 seconds.
Strange: the same issue happened to the PI which worked well before.
I uninstalled Squeeze and mediatools, restarted server and PIs multiple times, not working.
When deinstalling Squezze and installing Xsqueeze its working fine, but i really like the Squeeze addon better, because i can run it in the background, and i can watch a movie without need to exit Squeeze, also Airplay runs without need to exit or start anything.

So can you guys please tell me, how to send the logs here, so maybe i can get help?
I have a mac , terminal, ip adress of PI , filezilla and can mount PI as a folder.
Can someone please write a hoto get the logs, step by step for me as a newbie idiot:-)?

Thank you so much!
(2017-12-15, 14:05)Pommmes Wrote: Hello,
i am new to this forum and absolute beginner when it comes to linux.
I have a Synology ds418j running LMS and two Libreelec Raspberry 3 with attached usb dac.
I really love the Squeeze Addon, but it doesnt run well.
I control LMS with Ipeng9 on ios.
When i start playing music, after around 10 seconds my Kodi freezes.
I was able to run it on the second PI, it ran more than an hour, very stable and i thought its fine.
So i cloned the SD and tried with the other PI, and the same issue: freezing after 10 seconds.
Strange: the same issue happened to the PI which worked well before.
I uninstalled Squeeze and mediatools, restarted server and PIs multiple times, not working.
When deinstalling Squezze and installing Xsqueeze its working fine, but i really like the Squeeze addon better, because i can run it in the background, and i can watch a movie without need to exit Squeeze, also Airplay runs without need to exit or start anything.

So can you guys please tell me, how to send the logs here, so maybe i can get help?
I have a mac , terminal, ip adress of PI , filezilla and can mount PI as a folder.
Can someone please write a hoto get the logs, step by step for me as a newbie idiot:-)?

Thank you so much!
 http://kodi.wiki/view/Logs
Just a quick update:
I did a clean install of libreelec and it’s working perfectly now!
I have a meridian usb dac connected to the Pi and I can stream HQ music up to 192khz from my nas.
Sounds better than any spinner I ever heard.
Nice that Squeezebox is always running as long as I don’t watch a movie on Kodi.
The usb dac is only used for Squeezebox, movie sound goes via HDMI.
Perfect!
Thank you so much for the best Kodi plug-in I could dream of.
Can anyone please provide a brief outline of how to install this? I am using LE on Amlogic and cant see it as a player.
Post 1 has install instructions.
Hi there,

first of all, I wish you all a happy new year 2018! Moreover, many thanks for this interesting add-on which goes one step further in the right direction. In theory.

Firstly, I want to mention a well-known kodi/squeezelite problem that is not caused by this Add-on, but that may be the reason for several problems mentioned here in this thread: Kodi and squeezelite cannot share the same physical audio device. That is, if you connect your kodi box to an external receiver and you want to play Kodi sound and squeezelite sound (e.g., via hdmi), you may run into problems. Especially those kind of problem that it sometimes works and sometimes not. Here some observations:

• if Kodi is started, it locks the sound device
  • if one (shell or this add-on) tries to start squeezelite, the start will fail and squeezelite is not running
  • 1st solution to start squeezelite: disable Kodi GUI sound (keep audio device active => Off). Problem: no Kodi GUI sound (in contrast to the German manual, which says that Kodi will release the device after GUI audio output
  • 2nd solution (part 1): add the "-r" option to squeezelite, e.g., "-r 384000". I don't know whether this is by intention, but if you add this option and start squeezelite (even if Kodi blocks the device), squeezelite keeps running. However, squeezelite cannot play sound, since Kodi still blocks the device.
  • 2nd solutions (part 2): If you set "keep audio device active" to, e.g., 1 minute, Kodi releases the audio device after 1 minute. That is, if you start audio playback of squeezelite about 1:10minutes after the last GUI operation of Kodi, squeezelite plays sound. This is not a big limitation, because normally squeezelite will not be used (at least by me) within one minute after using Kodi
Therefore, I have currently the following issues with this add-on I would like to share. Maybe we can find a solution, since I would really like to use this add-on and my receiver-based scenario is not so unusual I expect:
  • Minor: Since squeezebox for Kodi does not use the "-r" Option, I cannot use the default configuration of starting squeezelite (ok, I can use the "manual path" option to start my own script, but this also requires modifications of the underlying system). Therefore, I start (as in the past) squeezelite via .config/autostart.sh (on libreelec 8.2.2)). Here, it would be very helpful if the add-on would allow to add further parameters to the squeezelite command (could also be used to add debug/log support).
  • Major: The 2nd solution does unfortunately not work if this add-on is active. Even if I start playing audio after Kodi released the audio device, squeezelite cannot open it. I don't know why, but it may be related to the fact (I read it somewhere) that this add-on creates some kind of dummy audio output. If kodi plays the dummy audio, and if the add-on is faster than squeezelite, it could be the case that Kodi already locks the audio device before squeezelite can do it. But this is only a guess, there may be another reason. Don't know, but maybe it would help if the add-on would wait a short moment until it starts playing the dummy audio.
  • Minor: I noticed that the add-on does not correctly update album covers, at least with radio streams. It seems to update the cover before the server updated it? As a result, always the cover of the last song is shown. My picoreplayer-based client correctly updates the covers...
  • Minor: If I disable the add-on, Kodi freezes and I have to restart
Can anyone reproduce my issues and/or has already solutions for it?

Best regards,
Hi

This is a really useful addon, but it's not working as I think it should, and I just want to check whether this is expected behaviour or if something is going wrong with my set up...

Squeezelite is installed, and the addon can control it, and connect to LMS, so all that part is working well, but the browse modes available to me are odd. If I select artists, and then albums, I see a list of albums as expected, but beyond that:
a) if I select an album, the songs are listed in alphabetical rather than track number order (if I select 'play' from the list of albums, the songs play in the correct order). The list tells me that the songs are sorted by date, but I have no way of changing sort criteria, just ascending/descending
b) if I select a genre, it just produces a list of all tracks in that genre, no option for either artists or albums as a secondary list
c) if I select composer (set up using 'additional browsing modes') I see a list of composers but if I click that I just have an 'all tracks' option, which is actually empty
d) if I browse by music folder, I see all of the individual sub-folders, but each subfolder is empty.

I have tried using Kodi 17.6 (librelec and Win7) and 16.1 (Win7), using Estuary and Confluence skins, and with LMS 7.72, 7.9 and 7.91 (all on W7). The only things I haven't changed are the fact that my LMS is on a W7 machine and my file tagging (which Kodi's own library reads without problem). I'm beginning to think this is intended behaviour, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned it if so. Can someone please confirm for me:

1. That they can see songs in track number order when browsing an album
2. That they can browse a list of artists when browsing a genre
3. That they can browse a list of albums when selecting a composer
4. That they can see files when browsing by music folder
(all of these are the default behaviour in my LMS web interface).

thanks

junkmarsh
(2018-01-03, 15:43)junkmarsh Wrote: Hi

This is a really useful addon, but it's not working as I think it should, and I just want to check whether this is expected behaviour or if something is going wrong with my set up...

Squeezelite is installed, and the addon can control it, and connect to LMS, so all that part is working well, but the browse modes available to me are odd. If I select artists, and then albums, I see a list of albums as expected, but beyond that:
a) if I select an album, the songs are listed in alphabetical rather than track number order (if I select 'play' from the list of albums, the songs play in the correct order). The list tells me that the songs are sorted by date, but I have no way of changing sort criteria, just ascending/descending
b) if I select a genre, it just produces a list of all tracks in that genre, no option for either artists or albums as a secondary list
c) if I select composer (set up using 'additional browsing modes') I see a list of composers but if I click that I just have an 'all tracks' option, which is actually empty
d) if I browse by music folder, I see all of the individual sub-folders, but each subfolder is empty.

I have tried using Kodi 17.6 (librelec and Win7) and 16.1 (Win7), using Estuary and Confluence skins, and with LMS 7.72, 7.9 and 7.91 (all on W7). The only things I haven't changed are the fact that my LMS is on a W7 machine and my file tagging (which Kodi's own library reads without problem). I'm beginning to think this is intended behaviour, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned it if so. Can someone please confirm for me:

1. That they can see songs in track number order when browsing an album
2. That they can browse a list of artists when browsing a genre
3. That they can browse a list of albums when selecting a composer
4. That they can see files when browsing by music folder
(all of these are the default behaviour in my LMS web interface).

thanks

junkmarsh
Hi Junkmarsh,
 i am using Ipeng on iPad and iPhone, maybe you want to take a look at that app if you don't like the browse features of the Squeeze add-on
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2