• 5(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
Yeah I know, I went and tried it before I updated... It didn't work, I updated and boom instant connection, lol. Hey, we dont ask questions when it just works! Smile

Thanks for looking into playlist issue! Let me know if there is anything I can provide to assist

Sent from my XT1254
I have to say I am loving this add-on, it is really awesome.

I have noticed a couple things that have come up.

When I am playing music and then I play another video or some other content. It Powers off the SB player instead of stopping. Could we have an option to have it send a stop command instead of power off?

In my case I need it always on. I have it running in the background always and control it as the main one which is controlled also by home automation system.

Second a noticed that the artwork in the now playing screen failed to update our refresh when a new song come on when listening to radio source... Not a big deal just something I noticed.

Thanks again for the awesomeness!

Sent from my XT1254
Hi,

this tool sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
Unfortunately it can't get it to work. I have a RPi3 with Max2Play (LMS Server and Squeezelite Player), a PC with Softsqueeze, and a RPi with Kodi (Libreelec 8.0.1).

The Max2Play Server/Player and Softsqueeze on PC are working fine but Squeezelite on Kodi is just not working. When start Squeezebox for Kodi I see only 3 dots. In the LMS Web Interface the Squeezelite Player on Kodi is not found. The Media Tools add-on is installed. I tried to set the IP manually. Nothing happened.

Any Idea what else could be the problem? How can I check that squeezelite is started? Maybe i should try to set the path for squeezelite manually? Where can I find it?
I also made a new and clean setup of Max2Play and Libreelec. And by the way, with KODI on PC it is also not working :-(.

Thanks for your help!
(2017-05-23, 13:43)luigi2000 Wrote: Hi,

this tool sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
Unfortunately it can't get it to work. I have a RPi3 with Max2Play (LMS Server and Squeezelite Player), a PC with Softsqueeze, and a RPi with Kodi (Libreelec 8.0.1).

The Max2Play Server/Player and Softsqueeze on PC are working fine but Squeezelite on Kodi is just not working. When start Squeezebox for Kodi I see only 3 dots. In the LMS Web Interface the Squeezelite Player on Kodi is not found. The Media Tools add-on is installed. I tried to set the IP manually. Nothing happened.

Any Idea what else could be the problem? How can I check that squeezelite is started? Maybe i should try to set the path for squeezelite manually? Where can I find it?
I also made a new and clean setup of Max2Play and Libreelec. And by the way, with KODI on PC it is also not working :-(.

Thanks for your help!

If you want to use this on a machine which is already running an instance of squeezelite, you will have to tell the add-on to not launch squeezelite and instead you enter the mac address of the existing player you want to control. You can do all that in the plugin settings.

By default, the add-on tries to launch it's own instance of squeezelite so it acts as both a player and a control.
In your case this might fail because there's already a player running. Please check your logfiles if you spot any errors.

I'm a bit busy atm but I will make the plugin a bit more robust and add some informational dialogs so users better understand what's happening.

I was first interested if there was a use case for this. I really like it myself but I don't know about others.
Thanks for your quick reply!

I don't know if on my machine squeezelite is already running. I just installed media tools (which you said provides squeezelite). I dont know if it already starts squeezelite automatically in the background. Then I installed your addon and thought it is just using squeezelite from media tools. Did it just worked for you like that? Or is there anything esle i have to configure.
You can look in your process list. Ssh in and run
Code:
ps ax|grep squeeze
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok, it says: "0:00 grep squeeze"
I think that means it isn't running

Sent from my XT1254
Now it ist working!!!!! I had to add the line "dtparam audio=on" in the config.txt.
Found this information few posts earlier. Sorry, I'm a complete linux newbie and didn't understand anything when I saw commands like that.
For newbies it would be really helpful when these steps would be documented a bit more detailed ;-).
Anyways, thank you for your help and for this wonderful addon!!
Ok, not everything is working. Just online radio is working. When I try to play local files the player doesn't start (just on kodi). The other players (max2play) play the local files. But only if the kodi squezzelite is not synchronized with the other players. Again any configuration I forgot or don't know about?
I only use Spotify so I am not sure about local music... However if it plays anything at all you would think it wasn't an issue with squeezelite. Really in a manner of speaking the add-on only loads squeezelite and tricks kodi into thinking it's playing something. I would try to get your player working outside of the add-on first

Sent from my XT1254
without the addon the squeezeplayer cant be found by my LMS. By the way: today even the internet radio is not working anymore and I did not change anything (with the addon). player is found and in kodi the player tries to start playing and stops imediately. Can someone tell me where i can find informations on how to set up squeezelite? seems that there is a lot that has to be done before using that addon but i can't find any information on the net but some threads where people are trying to get it working. Just a guide on how it has to be set up would be great.
(2017-05-25, 13:20)luigi2000 Wrote: without the addon the squeezeplayer cant be found by my LMS. By the way: today even the internet radio is not working anymore and I did not change anything (with the addon). player is found and in kodi the player tries to start playing and stops imediately. Can someone tell me where i can find informations on how to set up squeezelite? seems that there is a lot that has to be done before using that addon but i can't find any information on the net but some threads where people are trying to get it working. Just a guide on how it has to be set up would be great.

With this addon there should be nothing to setup. Please provide details. What version of Kodi, what hardware, which OS and a log file would be great

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hi Marcel,

I just tested this addon (and LMS) for the very first time. It worked so far, but when the LMS server is not started, the script fills the log with:
Code:
13:31:14.664 T:1683997600  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> {} - HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.60', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /jsonrpc.js (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x5c1db770>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 113] No route to host',)) - {'params': ['b8:27:eb:f5:50:8a', ['status', '-', '1', 'tags:u']], 'id': 1, 'method': 'slim.request'}
13:31:17.703 T:1683997600 WARNING: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.squeezebox/resources/lib/lmsserver.py", line 228, in get_json
                                                response = requests.get(url, data=json.dumps(params), timeout=20)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 70, in get
                                                return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
                                                return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 488, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 609, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 487, in send
                                                raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
                                            ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.60', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /jsonrpc.js (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x5c1db750>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 113] No route to host',))
13:31:17.704 T:1683997600   ERROR: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Exception in lmsserver ! --> HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.178.60', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /jsonrpc.js (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x5c1db750>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 113] No route to host',))
13:31:17.704 T:1683997600  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> Server is offline or connection error...
It would be nice, when squeezebox is only searching for a LMS server when it is run by the user.
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Probably appropriate to fill the log with these errors. The server should always be available or the player is useless.

Sent from my XT1254
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2