• 8(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
On my windows client, I get every now again playback failed where it thinks music stopped but it continues to play although you can't see the playlist or viz in Kodi.
(2017-08-09, 03:39)_Julz_ Wrote: So, it's been a while but I now ran some tests to set this up for my Wetek Play 2.
But it's not going so well, even with or without auto detecting of the LMS, the plugin initially finds the LMS but then gets in some trouble saying

Make sure that you didn't password protect the webinterface, it's not supported (yet).
(2017-08-09, 21:36)skarragallagher Wrote: On my windows client, I get every now again playback failed where it thinks music stopped but it continues to play although you can't see the playlist or viz in Kodi.

Can you please grab the log rightr after this issue pops up ?
yeah, I have been meaning too do this. I will most certainly next time
(2017-08-09, 22:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 03:39)_Julz_ Wrote: So, it's been a while but I now ran some tests to set this up for my Wetek Play 2.
But it's not going so well, even with or without auto detecting of the LMS, the plugin initially finds the LMS but then gets in some trouble saying

Make sure that you didn't password protect the webinterface, it's not supported (yet).

Hi, it's me again Tongue

I'm at home again, and took another shot.
First of all, the WebIf wasn't password protected.

My approache:
1. I wanted to check out if squeezelite is running properbly, so I started a putty session and ran it via terminal:

Code:
squeezelite -o default:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO -n SqueezeLiteLibreElec -s 192.168.2.222
The the result was, that I could reach that squeezelite instance with my LMS
Then I thought mayby your addon couldn't find squeezelite, even though there was no hint in the log, so:

2. I searched for the location of the squeezelite executable by:
Code:
~ # which squeezelite
what gave me the path:
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.multimedia-tools/bin/squeezelite
So I added this path to the settings of your addon, but still no changes to my situation.
Log output still the same.

The weird thing though, after starting squeezelite through terminal (point 1) I can control the LMS through your addon Huh
The LMS is fine, it works with Windows squeezelite clients directly started via CMD and I tested it from the HTPC in my flat via VPN and your addon.
It have something to do with the Wetek/or the addon on it :/

I mean, the only thing I want is to have squeezelite running in the background, and control it by WebIf via smartphone/PC, but I just want to give you some hints to fix that to your addon.

edit1:
Hmm, just checked the path to the executable in the settings again, actually I didn't could parse in the path above.
It's only possible to go
Code:
.../bin
by the Kodi search window. So the filename is missing, I'm going to check if I can edit the path in a config file or so.
edit2:
Okay found the settings.xml made my changes, but no success.
Mayby you'll find your time for that, otherwise I have to get in writing own Kodi scripts to launch squeezelite on startup ^^[/color]
First of all thanks for the add-on. Being new to Kodi, I was glad to realize this exists. Set up of Kodi and the addon was no issue.

Kodi running on a pi3, libreElec. I installed the Multimedia Tools add on on have squeezelite running and working with system start. The add on is configured to not automatically start the client, but instead use the provided MAC for pure controlling.

Starting music works fine, but unfortunately stopping does not work. Simply does not react to either the Remote (CEC) play controls, nor to the player controls as activated by the context menu, both used via remote and via mouse/keyboard. This is working, if squeezelite is directly controlled / started via the addon.

PLEASE IGNORE - After system reboot, everything works as expected and the issue is not reproducible...
Hi there - another question though:

I have two user profiles set up. For whatever reason, when using the non-master account, starting the addon always requires that I enter the master code. I can not find a setting that will change this behaviour. Any idea?

Thanks
I am unsure how to use this. I have Libreelec running on a Amlogic S905X device. I have installed the addon and the multimedia tools, both of which installed properly.

But I cant see any player. I also tried manually selecting the audio device by selecting the first of the 2 default audio devices. No luck. Then I also manually pointed it to the folder in which the squeezelite file resides. What am I missing?
I also had problems getting the plugin to successfully start the 'squeezelight' server when running on a Raspberry Pi 3. Starting it manually worked, but the plugin always failed somehow to start it without any evidence in the log why it failed.

Checking the arguments sent to to 'squeezelight' I can see the following in 'resources/lib/main_service.py':
Code:
line 205: args = [sl_binary, "-s", self.lmsserver.host, "-a", "80", "-C", "1", "-m",

The argument "-C 1" is not supported, at least not on the bundled 'squeezelight' for ARM/Raspberry Pi. Removing "-C", "1" from the code enabled the plugin to start 'squeezelight' successfully. I don't know if the flag should work on other platforms, it seems to be present in the git-history all the way from the initial commit.
hi there,

Thank u all for the very good thread, I managed to install and run the plugin in my PI3 /w libreelec 8 and Kodi 17.
Now as I managed to start the plugin with audio set to NULL and I can see the player in my LMS, launch music but no sound out of my kodi but it won"t start set to AUTO

when set to auto, I run squeezelite in the terminal and I get this error msg :

[22:28:22.062902] test_open:277 playback open error: No such file or directory
[22:28:22.063310] output_init_common:382 unable to open output device

in my kodi config the audio is set to PI: HDMI

when I start squeezelite -l i have the following output

Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

of course I added this to my config.txt

#audio param squeezebox
dtparam audio=on

Thank you for your help on this
Good morning y'all

I managed to choose the audio with this option

So now I have sound but only when I choose a radio. When I try to start a file on the Lms nothing happens...

No play no sound

Thanks for your help

(2017-09-04, 22:42)srvduplex Wrote: hi there,

Thank u all for the very good thread, I managed to install and run the plugin in my PI3 /w libreelec 8 and Kodi 17.
Now as I managed to start the plugin with audio set to NULL and I can see the player in my LMS, launch music but no sound out of my kodi but it won"t start set to AUTO

when set to auto, I run squeezelite in the terminal and I get this error msg :

[22:28:22.062902] test_open:277 playback open error: No such file or directory
[22:28:22.063310] output_init_common:382 unable to open output device

in my kodi config the audio is set to PI: HDMI

when I start squeezelite -l i have the following output
Tgv[b]
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

of course I added this to my config.txt

#audio param squeezebox
dtparam audio=on

Thank you for your help on this
@srvduplex: do you see any errors in the kodi log when you try to play something ?
Here on RPi3 + LibreElec 8.1.1 (multimedia-tools addon is installed) internet streams are working fine and stable.
Local files stored on my Synology NAS doesn't. For 2-4sec i can see the title in Kodi, all Play buttons are activated on my Android devices with SB Player but then it stops.
Without Kodi no problem to play local files!

Sharing some logs later!
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
(2017-08-26, 16:55)extremeaudio Wrote: I am unsure how to use this. I have Libreelec running on a Amlogic S905X device. I have installed the addon and the multimedia tools, both of which installed properly.

But I cant see any player. I also tried manually selecting the audio device by selecting the first of the 2 default audio devices. No luck. Then I also manually pointed it to the folder in which the squeezelite file resides. What am I missing?

Can anyone please help out with this?

I am unsure how to install/ start the service.

Or is it incompatible with ARM?
Thanks for writing this, I've been trying it out on Kodi running on top of Ubuntu 16.04 on x64. I am getting audio output, but it's pretty quiet compared to the rest of Kodi's output, is there anything I can do to increase the volume? 

I have also found that randomly it can start to play multiple versions of the song at once, starting at random points which is incredibly disconcerting. It doesn't always do it though. I can try to grab some console output from Kodi to help figure it out.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2