• 15(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
(2020-04-20, 23:40)Tronette Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 07:38)acheron Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 01:33)Tronette Wrote: I'm a total noob - how do I do this? I have ssh access, so can anybody tell me step by step how to make this change?  

1. ssh to your kodi
2. Get to the plugin's lib directory (from your home "cd .kodi/addons/plugin.audio.squeezebox/resource/lib")
3. Open the mentioned file in any console text editor you got - usually sth vi-like - vi player_monitor.py
4. Make the adjustments in the code. Should be around line 88. (If yousing vi editor, you need to press "i" inside the editor to insert mode)
5. Save the file (If using vi, then press escape (this quits the editor's insert mode), then type ":wq" (should appear in the bottom line of the editor) and hit enter)   
Great! Thank you.  

Fyi, I'm using LibreElec too and it doesn't come with vi for some reason (at least my install didn't). The best alternative editor that's already on it is nano. It's much more beginner friendly as it works mostly like how you'd expect notepad to work in a terminal, and most commands needed are listed at the bottom of the screen ('^' mean Ctrl).

Once you make edits to the file with nano just do ^X (Ctrl+X), then it will ask if you want to "Save modified Buffer" (meaning save your changes), hit 'Y'. It will ask where you want to save it but it will have the current file's path there as default, so just hit enter.
"Now Playing" data/controls on Android?

Anyone have any experience or tips for this?  I've got KODI and SqueezeBox for Kodi running almost perfectly across many LibreELEC devices, and am now trying the same on Android.  KODI itself=perfect.  SBPlayer app for audio playback=perfect.  Kodi  for Squeezebox=almost perfect.  I can browse the Squeezebox Server content, start playback with sound, etc., but never get the "Now Playing" interaction via Kodi, so cant see the metadata nor control the player.  I've tried the usual things, ensuring both SBPlayer and SqueezeBox for KODI settings are all sharing the same MAC address, as well as ensuring the KODI system name matches the SBPlayer name (all things seemingly necessary on LibreELEC) to no avail.  Wondering if anyone has seen this work on Android and/or has any ideas or suggestions? 

One device is a Lenovo Tablet running Android 7.1.1 and the other is FireTV Stick 4K, which appears to be Android 7.1.  KODI is 18.7 on each device, 32-bit on FireTV, 64-bit on Lenovo.    

Thanks in-advance.
(2020-05-22, 18:06)hokie-bird Wrote: "Now Playing" data/controls on Android?

Anyone have any experience or tips for this?  I've got KODI and SqueezeBox for Kodi running almost perfectly across many LibreELEC devices, and am now trying the same on Android.  KODI itself=perfect.  SBPlayer app for audio playback=perfect.  Kodi  for Squeezebox=almost perfect.  I can browse the Squeezebox Server content, start playback with sound, etc., but never get the "Now Playing" interaction via Kodi, so cant see the metadata nor control the player.  I've tried the usual things, ensuring both SBPlayer and SqueezeBox for KODI settings are all sharing the same MAC address, as well as ensuring the KODI system name matches the SBPlayer name (all things seemingly necessary on LibreELEC) to no avail.  Wondering if anyone has seen this work on Android and/or has any ideas or suggestions? 

One device is a Lenovo Tablet running Android 7.1.1 and the other is FireTV Stick 4K, which appears to be Android 7.1.  KODI is 18.7 on each device, 32-bit on FireTV, 64-bit on Lenovo.    

Thanks in-advance.

I use the Android app "Squeezer" and haven't had any problems with it controlling any of my devices.
(2020-05-22, 18:44)HebrewHammer Wrote:

Thanks in-advance.

I use the Android app "Squeezer" and haven't had any problems with it controlling any of my devices. 

Thanks for the reply and yes, me too re:  Squeezer.  However, what I'm really trying to accomplish is to get a single unified KODI front-end experience across all my TVs; historically have used all Pi's, but experimenting with FireTV now.
(2020-05-22, 19:32)hokie-bird Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 18:44)HebrewHammer Wrote:

Thanks in-advance.

Thanks for the reply and yes, me too re:  Squeezer.  However, what I'm really trying to accomplish is to get a single unified KODI front-end experience across all my TVs; historically have used all Pi's, but experimenting with FireTV now. 

Ok, re-read your original post and I think I understand your issue now. I mostly use my players "headless" so controlling them from Squeezer is all I do. You could try XSqueeze but it hasn't been updated in at least 3 years, so I don't know how well it's going to work.
Hi,

thanks for this addon! 
I've got a problem when running it on LibreELEC (official): 9.0.2 (RPi2.arm).
When I start the stream over LMS or even the plugin, the stream stops after 2 seconds.
In kodi.log i've got this:
code:

2020-05-24 17:15:06.804 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> play started by lms server
2020-05-24 17:15:06.999 T:1155478384   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
2020-05-24 17:15:07.161 T:1155478384  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder pcm_s16le
2020-05-24 17:15:08.071 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> playlist changed on lms server
2020-05-24 17:15:08.243 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> clearing playlist...
2020-05-24 17:15:08.428 T:1084146544   ERROR: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Error 0 seeking. Seek returned -1
2020-05-24 17:15:08.429 T:1163871088   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
2020-05-24 17:15:08.532 T:1163871088  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder pcm_s16le
2020-05-24 17:15:09.730 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> playback stopped

it seems that libreelec cannot play the empty pcm stream which is produced by the plugin. 
I already found the right section to change that in httpproxy.py but I don't know much about the parameters to set for an e.g. MP3 stream.
python:

# always add 2 seconds of additional duration to solve crossfade issues
        duration += 2
        numsamples = 44100 * duration
        channels = 2
        samplerate = 44100
        bitspersample = 16

# Generate format chunk
        format_chunk_spec = "<4sLHHLLHH"
        format_chunk = struct.pack(
            format_chunk_spec,
            "fmt ",  # Chunk id
            16,  # Size of this chunk (excluding chunk id and this field)
            1,  # Audio format, 1 for PCM
            channels,  # Number of channels
            samplerate,  # Samplerate, 44100, 48000, etc.
            samplerate * channels * (bitspersample / 8),  # Byterate
            channels * (bitspersample / 8),  # Blockalign
            bitspersample,  # 16 bits for two byte samples, etc.
        )
        # Generate data chunk
        data_chunk_spec = "<4sL"
        datasize = numsamples * channels * (bitspersample / 8)
        data_chunk = struct.pack(
            data_chunk_spec,
            "data",  # Chunk id
            int(datasize),  # Chunk size (excluding chunk id and this field)
        )
        sum_items = [
            #"WAVE" string following size field
            #"fmt " + chunk size field + chunk size
            struct.calcsize(format_chunk_spec),
            # Size of data chunk spec + data size
            struct.calcsize(data_chunk_spec) + datasize
        ]
        # Generate main header
        all_cunks_size = int(sum(sum_items))
        main_header_spec = "<4sL4s"
        main_header = struct.pack(
            main_header_spec,
            "RIFF",
            all_cunks_size,
            "WAVE"
        )

can someone help me with this parameters (header, chuck etc). it should send out an mp3 stream.

Thanks 
Börny
(2020-05-24, 17:24)bmberni Wrote: Hi,

thanks for this addon! 
I've got a problem when running it on LibreELEC (official): 9.0.2 (RPi2.arm).
When I start the stream over LMS or even the plugin, the stream stops after 2 seconds.
In kodi.log i've got this:
code:

2020-05-24 17:15:06.804 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> play started by lms server
2020-05-24 17:15:06.999 T:1155478384   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
2020-05-24 17:15:07.161 T:1155478384  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder pcm_s16le
2020-05-24 17:15:08.071 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> playlist changed on lms server
2020-05-24 17:15:08.243 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> clearing playlist...
2020-05-24 17:15:08.428 T:1084146544   ERROR: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Error 0 seeking. Seek returned -1
2020-05-24 17:15:08.429 T:1163871088   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
2020-05-24 17:15:08.532 T:1163871088  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder pcm_s16le
2020-05-24 17:15:09.730 T:1609253744  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> playback stopped

it seems that libreelec cannot play the empty pcm stream which is produced by the plugin. 
I already found the right section to change that in httpproxy.py but I don't know much about the parameters to set for an e.g. MP3 stream.
python:

# always add 2 seconds of additional duration to solve crossfade issues
        duration += 2
        numsamples = 44100 * duration
        channels = 2
        samplerate = 44100
        bitspersample = 16

# Generate format chunk
        format_chunk_spec = "<4sLHHLLHH"
        format_chunk = struct.pack(
            format_chunk_spec,
            "fmt ",  # Chunk id
            16,  # Size of this chunk (excluding chunk id and this field)
            1,  # Audio format, 1 for PCM
            channels,  # Number of channels
            samplerate,  # Samplerate, 44100, 48000, etc.
            samplerate * channels * (bitspersample / 8),  # Byterate
            channels * (bitspersample / 8),  # Blockalign
            bitspersample,  # 16 bits for two byte samples, etc.
        )
        # Generate data chunk
        data_chunk_spec = "<4sL"
        datasize = numsamples * channels * (bitspersample / 8)
        data_chunk = struct.pack(
            data_chunk_spec,
            "data",  # Chunk id
            int(datasize),  # Chunk size (excluding chunk id and this field)
        )
        sum_items = [
            #"WAVE" string following size field
            #"fmt " + chunk size field + chunk size
            struct.calcsize(format_chunk_spec),
            # Size of data chunk spec + data size
            struct.calcsize(data_chunk_spec) + datasize
        ]
        # Generate main header
        all_cunks_size = int(sum(sum_items))
        main_header_spec = "<4sL4s"
        main_header = struct.pack(
            main_header_spec,
            "RIFF",
            all_cunks_size,
            "WAVE"
        )

can someone help me with this parameters (header, chuck etc). it should send out an mp3 stream.

Thanks 
Börny

I get a lot of demuxer errors too and it still works for me. I'm not really sure what's cause them but it doesn't seem to break the plugin.

It sounds like you may be running into the "onPlayBackStopped" issue, have you tried that fix?
Quote:Just for future reference -

I do not know what is actually causing the issue nor have I really looked or tracked Kodi's messaging, but commenting out:

python:

def onPlayBackStopped(self):
        '''Kodi event fired when playback is stopped'''
        if self.is_playing:
            self.lmsserver.stop()
            log_msg("playback stopped")
        self.is_playing = False

from the plugin's player_monitor.py corrected my afore mentioned issue of the playback being forced stopped.
(2020-05-22, 20:38)HebrewHammer Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 19:32)hokie-bird Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 18:44)HebrewHammer Wrote: I use the Android app "Squeezer" and haven't had any problems with it controlling any of my devices.  

Ok, re-read your original post and I think I understand your issue now. I mostly use my players "headless" so controlling them from Squeezer is all I do. You could try XSqueeze but it hasn't been updated in at least 3 years, so I don't know how well it's going to work.
Sorry for not being clear, and yes, this is NOT a headless deployment; essentially using my TV's and their soundbars + KODI as my multi-room audio system.  Have been using all Pi's, but am now experimenting with a FireTV stick and AndroidTV box to include some older "dumb" TVs in my setup.  Its weird how almost perfectly the Plugin works via Android (it allows me to browse the LMS server, initiate playback, change syncing, etc.) but simply does NOT fire the "Now Playing" screen when music starts via the LMS/Squeezelite client as it does with local music, or as it does on the Pis.  The music plays, and its synced, so 90%+ there, but having the Now Playing screen (and Artist Slideshow, etc.) is the part of the experience I'm missing.  Guess I'll keep experimenting and see what I can find. 

Thanks.
(2020-06-04, 14:23)hokie-bird Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 20:38)HebrewHammer Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 19:32)hokie-bird Wrote: Thanks for the reply and yes, me too re:  Squeezer.  However, what I'm really trying to accomplish is to get a single unified KODI front-end experience across all my TVs; historically have used all Pi's, but experimenting with FireTV now. 

Sorry for not being clear, and yes, this is NOT a headless deployment; essentially using my TV's and their soundbars + KODI as my multi-room audio system.  Have been using all Pi's, but am now experimenting with a FireTV stick and AndroidTV box to include some older "dumb" TVs in my setup.  Its weird how almost perfectly the Plugin works via Android (it allows me to browse the LMS server, initiate playback, change syncing, etc.) but simply does NOT fire the "Now Playing" screen when music starts via the LMS/Squeezelite client as it does with local music, or as it does on the Pis.  The music plays, and its synced, so 90%+ there, but having the Now Playing screen (and Artist Slideshow, etc.) is the part of the experience I'm missing.  Guess I'll keep experimenting and see what I can find. 

Thanks.
Yea, from what I've been told by Kodi plugin devs this plugin wasn't written "correctly" (or maybe it was when it was originally published but was never updated as Kodi updated). So to get it work work properly would take a rewrite.
I have this installed on R Pi4 Lebreelec 9.1.2

When I try to open the add on it appears to crash, it is not connecting to my server and lms doesnt show it as a player.

Does this add on still work?
Apologies if this has already been reported.    I did some cursory searches but didn't find any matches.  I didn't read all 15 pages of replies.

My setup:
    odroid C2 running dietpi with:
      main logitech media server
      a squeezelite player

generic X86 platform running ubuntu 20.4.  display manager is lightdm;  window manager seems to be gnome-session-binary
      pulseaudio is handling audio;  output is over hdmi
      kodi is running here
      squeezelite is currently running as a systemd user service.

I tried letting the plugin start/stop squeezelite but turned that off to take startup/shutdown out of the picture.
settings.xml =
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="disable_auto_lms" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="disable_auto_mac" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="disable_auto_squeezelite">true</setting>
    <setting id="lms_hostname">lr-dietpi</setting>
    <setting id="lms_port">9000</setting>
    <setting id="manual_mac">d0:50:99:5a:1f:00</setting>
    <setting id="output_device" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="squeezelite_path" default="true"></setting>
</settings>

The user service is running with the same parameters as seen when the plugin was kicking it off:
/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.squeezebox/resources/lib/bin/linux/squeezelite-i64 -s 192.168.5.17 -a 80 -C 1 -m "d0:50:99:5a:1f:00" -n "Kodi (br)" -M Kodi -o default

squeezelite runs perfectly as long as the kodi plugin is disabled or not installed.

The two issues I have are:
    1)  the plugin stops playback at the start of every track.  Restarting playback works.  This is a showstopper.
    2)  the plugin shows the current track information, but tries to show lyrics ad nauseum on instrumental tracks.  I disabled the lyrics addon.    With the lyrics addon gone, the squeezebox plugin switches to a blank screen after showing the track information for about 5 seconds.  This is where it would try to display lyrics.    Another show stopper:  if I can't see the current track, what is the point of having the plugin?
I have exactly same issue when playing from LMS it stops after 2-3seconds
and in log a lot of demuxers

Code:
2020-09-15 12:43:02.751 T:139637611808512  NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> play started by lms server
2020-09-15 12:43:02.998 T:139637628593920   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
2020-09-15 12:43:03.031 T:139637628593920  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder pcm_s16le
2020-09-15 12:43:03.163 T:139638178051840  NOTICE: PulseAudio: Opened device Default in pcm mode with Buffersize 150 ms
for some reason I can't edit my previous post...
setup is Kodi 18.8 on full ubuntu server on x64 architecture (so nothing RPI related).

I have tested squeezelite directly out of Kodi and that is working correctly, so issue must be in this addon tho.
I have the same problem as adam felson above; playback stops for every song in the same album at the beginning of the song (between 1 and 3 seconds) Hitting play again will play the track correctly. Then next song the same happens. There is some other instability regarding playback that I haven't got a consistent symptom description for.

Just posted this in the Libreelec addon forum section:

I'm running Libreelec on an Rpi 4 with Hifiberry DAC to great satisfaction, exept for the Squeezelite for Kodi plugin not entirely functioning as it should.

I'm experiencing playback issues when including the Squeezelite player from this Rpi in the synchronisation with three other Pis in the network that run updated Picoreplayer software with latest Squeezelite. Using the three PcP players synced work beautifully, but including the Kodi one is where things go wrong.

I have done some prior investigation and am quite sure updating Squeezelite to latest version (or at least above 1.9.3) will solve my issue. I'm not a programmer, but know how to SSH into the Libreelec Pi.

If anyone could help me out, of perhaps update the multimedia-addons package in Libreelec, that would be greatly appreciated!

Multiroom setup (all directly connected by ethernet over the same switch):
Rpi4 PcP with LMS and Hifiberry Amp2 - Squeezelite version v1.9.6-1206-pCP
Rpi4 PcP with hifiberry DAC+ pro v1.9.6-1206-pCP
Rpi Zero WH PcP with Hifiberry DAC+ zero and LAN dongle v1.9.6-1206-pCP
Rpi4 PcP Libreelec with Hifibery DAC+ pro - Squeezelite v1.9.0-1113 -> This one gives issues

Many thanks in advance,

Nelisknip
Hi

having a problem.
Squeezebox looks like not running.
Do not see squeezelite service running.

Reinstalling the Addon does not help so far.

How to verify squeezebox installation on Kodi?

Where should it be installed , which path?
Does it make sense to manually install it with apt-get install squeezelite?

Thanks T
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2