• 18(current)
Squeezebox for Kodi
(2021-04-24, 21:57)Jeremia Wrote: Hi, I was able to add the repository (1.0.3) to my KODi. But for unknown reason i could not find the squeezebox plugin. I'm using libreelec with KODi Matrix.
Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?

I couldn't find it manually either, so did a search on "squeeze" and found the zip file.  It seems to have installed, but can't  find my LMS.
Can you guide me in how you did find the zip? I only was able to find the repo zip.

Jeremia
Poured through the 17 pages of this thread...it appears some of you guys have this working well.  I've hit a wall, but assuming its due to incompetence....Can you help me out?

1. Installed Marcelvelda's repository version 1.0.3
2. installed his Squeezebox plugin from his repository version 1.0.9
3. Read his instructions and realized also needed to install Multimedia tools addin...which includes Squeezelite.  version 9.2.0.109
4. Get an encouraging icon for Squeezebox, use default configuration for squeezelite and LMS
5. Apparently LMS opens up, but simply get the maddening ".." offering .  Similarly, with Android control App Squeezer, do NOT see a listing for Squeezelite or anything similar.  Squeezer sees my SBBoom and SBRadio and Squeezeplay on Android and all have been working great.  Similarly, Webpage for LMS 192.168.0.76:9000 sees/works with everything EXCEPT Squeezelite.

My first attempt at posting a logfile, things look suspicious ~ line  1906, but I have no idea what I'm looking at!  bozibedebe (paste)

Kodi System info:
RaspPi2b  LibreElec 9.2.6 Kodi 18.9

LMS info:
RaspPi3B, LMS 8.1, Raspbian
(2021-05-06, 07:49)Jeremia Wrote: Can you guide me in how you did find the zip? I only was able to find the repo zip.

Jeremia
Not sure you want to follow a guy stumbling around in the dark...but I believe this is what I did:

Home>Addons>Download>Search> "squeeze" > choose "squeezebox for Kodi" >install

hope it works for you.
(2021-05-06, 08:24)nahannidog Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 07:49)Jeremia Wrote: Can you guide me in how you did find the zip? I only was able to find the repo zip.

Jeremia
Not sure you want to follow a guy stumbling around in the dark...but I believe this is what I did:

hope it works for you.

Anyway you could possibly upload this?  I get zero hits when searching. The only thing I can get out of his repository is some kind of skin addon's . I have never had so much trouble installing a Kodi addon and that's why I think this may be abandoned. Thanks.
(2021-05-07, 17:54)fletch101e Wrote:

Jeremia

hope it works for you.

Anyway you could possibly upload this?  I get zero hits when searching. The only thing I can get out of his repository is some kind of skin addon's . I have never had so much trouble installing a Kodi addon and that's why I think this may be abandoned. Thanks.
Sorry, WHAT exactly would you like me to uplload?  Marcelveldts github repository is https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt
It opens fine today.  Looks like someone made mods to the repository last month.  Screenshot of github page here: 
(2021-05-07, 18:54)nahannidog Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 08:24)nahannidog Wrote: Not sure you want to follow a guy stumbling around in the dark...but I believe this is what I did:

hope it works for you.

Sorry, WHAT exactly would you like me to uplload?  Marcelveldts github repository is https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt
It opens fine today.  Looks like someone made mods to the repository last month.  Screenshot of github page here: 

The actual software . The repository just offers skins to who knows what and searching for squeeze brings zero results.
(2021-05-07, 19:12)fletch101e Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 18:54)nahannidog Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 17:54)fletch101e Wrote: Anyway you could possibly upload this?  I get zero hits when searching. The only thing I can get out of his repository is some kind of skin addon's . I have never had so much trouble installing a Kodi addon and that's why I think this may be abandoned. Thanks.

The actual software . The repository just offers skins to who knows what and searching for squeeze brings zero results.
Not sure what "actual software" means.  I installed Squeezebox for Kodi Addon from his repository.   

Marcelveldt BETA repository
Oops, contd
Marcelveldts BETA repository
   Music Add-on
      Roon Control for Kodi
      Skin Helper Service Widget
      Spotify
      Squeezebox for Kodi

DuckDuck go found this for me, I dont know how to associate this with previous link https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...squeezebox
(2021-05-07, 19:31)nahannidog Wrote: Oops, contd
Marcelveldts BETA repository
   Music Add-on
      Roon Control for Kodi
      Skin Helper Service Widget
      Spotify
      Squeezebox for Kodi

DuckDuck go found this for me, I dont know how to associate this with previous link https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...squeezebox

I was able to get around the 404's by using Google and was able to add the repository but the one I have only has that Skin Helper service. I will try duckduck tonight when I get home and hopefully have better luck. But the fact we have to use search engines to find this addon is why I think it's been abandoned.   Thanks.
(2021-05-07, 19:52)fletch101e Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 19:31)nahannidog Wrote: I was able to get around the 404's by using Google and was able to add the repository but the one I have only has that Skin Helper service. I will try duckduck tonight when I get home and hopefully have better luck. But the fact we have to use search engines to find this addon is why I think it's been abandoned.   Thanks.
OK, I don't understand where repositories go to find the add-ons. I attempted to list a bunch of add-ons in Marcelveldt BETA repository.  Somehow I was able to "successfully install" the Squeezebox add-on a couple days ago. Good luck.

But, the add-on apparently cant connect to my LMS.  If I'm interpreting the logfile correctly, it seems the add-on was able to discover the server with the proper local IP address, but wasn't able to connect to it.  See my earlier post asking for help with this prob.
Your log looks like it is saying the LMS is the issue but that cannot be right if your other devices are connecting fine. I had issues with ipeng doing something similar. It wanted to automatically connect rather than letting you put in the ip address of the lms. In my case it got confused and kept trying to connect to the wrong server. I had to shutdown all my servers except for LMS and then it connected and has worked fine since.  You might try that just to see what happens.

I found some of those Kodi pirate sites that give alternative ways to install  this software. One says I need plugin.audio.squeezebox-1.0.19.zip and I am trying to find it now.  
If I get it going, I will post back and let you know if it sees my LMS or not... good luck.
Ok I found the install zip but unfortuanlaly it's only for older versions of Kodi. They are using an old version python which is no longer supported- now it's 3 or nothing.
If you are running an older version of Kodi (below 19) it may work but no go for the current version.
(2021-05-07, 23:53)fletch101e Wrote: Ok I found the install zip but unfortuanlaly it's only for older versions of Kodi. They are using an old version python which is no longer supported- now it's 3 or nothing.
If you are running an older version of Kodi (below 19) it may work but no go for the current version.

Interesting.  I took a look at the Kodi changelog for Version 19, not seeing an obvious mention of Python ver. 3 requirement.   Is this requirement documented somewhere?

It happens that I am on version 18.9 (frankly I haven't figured out how to update Kodi version, excerpt to install an new image).  Thanks for putting some educated eyes on my logfile.  I did try manually typing in the local IP Address, with apparently the same bad results.  Yeah, I've confused RaspPi ethernet IP and WiFi IP more than one occasion.  Logfile line 1878 shows LMS discovery, which I'm assuming means it found the LMS fine....Its showing the correct local IP address.   
Quote:NOTICE: plugin.audio.squeezebox --> discovery: [{'from': ('192.168.0.76', 3483), 'host': '192.168.0.76', 'data': 'EJSON\x049000', 'port': 9000}]
The lines after that look slightly suspicious in their repetition, any idea what they might be hinting at?  Any chance Kodi 18.9 requires Python 3??
Quote:DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: loading setting definitions
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: loading setting values
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: loading setting definitions
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.audio.squeezebox]: loading setting values

Jeremia

hope it works for you.

Same for me. I've added the repo 1.03, but there are no squeeze addons. In the "Music addons" section, there ist only "Skin helper service widget". The search also returns 0 results.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezebox for Kodi2