Linux Visualization.spectrum Client returned bad status (4)
Hi,

I'm trying to package the spectrum addon for Fedora and am encountering an issue that I'm finding difficult to debug. So I'm building from version 1.1.1 of the addon from this commit: https://github.com/notspiff/visualizatio...631c2f8115 .

The build goes smoothly and shows no errors, however when I load it up in Kodi I get an unknown error. Literally the only thing in the debug log is this line: "22:07:03.628 T:140040623103808 ERROR: ADDON: Dll Spectrum - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable"

All libraries and resources are getting pulled into the package:
Code:
[root@kodi01-dev01 temp]# ls /usr/share/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum
addon.xml  addon.xml.in  icon.png  resources

[root@kodi01-dev01 temp]# ls /usr/lib64/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum
visualization.spectrum.so  visualization.spectrum.so.1.1.1  visualization.spectrum.so.17.1

All permissions seem correct:
Code:
[root@kodi01-dev01 temp]# getfacl /usr/lib64/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/*
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: usr/lib64/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/visualization.spectrum.so
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

# file: usr/lib64/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/visualization.spectrum.so.1.1.1

# file: usr/lib64/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/visualization.spectrum.so.17.1

I'm really not sure how to begin debugging this - I'm really keen to figure this out myself, but could someone give me a few pointers as to where I might begin?

This is the build segment from my spec:
Code:
cmake \
  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=%{_libdir}/kodi/addons/ \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
  -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 \
  -DUSE_LTO=1

Thanks
Start the debugger, set the breakpoint in cvisualisation::create, see whats going on. Like always..?
Yeah sorry I'm not familiar with the codebase, nor with debugging c++ on Linux.

Would you mind helping me in regards to getting the debugger going because I can't seem to figure it out. I've attached gdb to the running Kodi process and I've set a breakpoint with "break Visualization.cpp::<line_number>" - but it just seems to be returning unreadable characters to the screen and not actually breaking.

Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
Breakpoint 3 (Visualisation.cpp:68) pending.
�N�bV
(gdb) c
Continuing.
[Thread 0x7fff7f7fe700 (LWP 3729) exited]
Well would have really liked to have understood how to debug using gdb - but oh well.

For anyone interested I have successfully packaged this for Fedora:
https://github.com/dcrdev/rpm-kodi-visua...m/releases
sorry for slow answer, been a busy ant.

that's pretty much what i'd do.

Code:
gdb kodi.bin
break Visualisation.cpp:79
run

and it stopped just fine for me (lne number may differ as i'm on some random master revision). i usually use some fontend to gdb, such as ddd, as it's just easier to navigate.

did you actually build debug ?
(2017-05-12, 11:18)ironic_monkey Wrote: sorry for slow answer, been a busy ant.

that's pretty much what i'd do.

Code:
gdb kodi.bin
break Visualisation.cpp:79
run

and it stopped just fine for me (lne number may differ as i'm on some random master revision). i usually use some fontend to gdb, such as ddd, as it's just easier to navigate.

did you actually build debug ?

Thanks for getting back to me - it appears as though I needed to build a vanilla version of Kodi to get the debugger to work properly. Something wasn't right in the debug package - as I say I already managed to get this one working; it was an OpenGL issue. I'm now going to try and package the other visualisations as they are currently not available for Fedora - this will definitely come in useful, so thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization.spectrum Client returned bad status (4)0