GitHub vs gitlab
Is there have use GitHub rule for add-on? I am thinking of using gitlab as I can keep it private until I am read to open it up.. if I do that when I submit to the official repo do I have to move to GitHub or can I continue using gitlab?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
You will have to fork the official repo anyways so you will end up with 2 copies. Plus they won't want to see all your individual commits in the submit, so use both imho.
Thanks... I do have another noob question... So with GitHub I can use git desktop to setup the repos.. I played with that some yesterday and that's fairly straightforward... I thought I could use git desktop to manage gitlab as well but i never hade permission to because I can't login in.... Is there another gui that will allow me to manage private gitlab? If not the I will continue with Google drive and when ready just move to github
Look at IntelliJ IDEA, it is really good. It has a gitlab plugin.
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/#chooseYourEdition

The community version is free and more than you'll probably need... well till you become a Jedi master
Haha definitely more then I will need then... Thanks I will try it out and see what's what... You sir are the master I just hope I can be half as good in Python as u are one-day.
(2017-05-08, 21:25)smitchell6879 Wrote: Haha definitely more then I will need then... Thanks I will try it out and see what's what... You sir are the master I just hope I can be half as good in Python as u are one-day.

Heh, I think half a day and you'll have me beat Wink enjoy Big Grin
Hahhaa not quite... As much as I have looked at your one add-on I still haven't figured it out hahaha...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GitHub vs gitlab0