Bug DLNA always binds to random port
Hi,

I run Kodi on a Mac machine with a publicly reachable IP via VPN.

I don't want random users to port scan me and control my Kodi. I set a password for the web server but don't think that's enough. Even if it would be enough, it still leaves a service exposed unnecessarily.

I tried firewalling the ports however it seems that one DLNA service always binds to a random port on startup of Kodi (latest stable). Even if DLNA is deactivated in settings and only webserver is active.

Some ports I noticed:

1042/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)
1074/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)
1684/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)

There also doesn't seem to be an option to make Kodi bind all network services to a specific IP or interface (although there exists a 7 year old feature request in this forum).

Any advice?

Can you log a feature request for binding to IP/interface?

Thanks
Throwie
(2017-06-25, 20:33)throwie1087 Wrote: I tried firewalling the ports however it seems that one DLNA service always binds to a random port on startup of Kodi (latest stable). Even if DLNA is deactivated in settings and only webserver is active.

Some ports I noticed:

1042/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)
1074/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)
1684/tcp open upnp Platinum UPnP 1.0.5.13 (UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50)
There is currently an open pull request aiming at allowing users to completely disable UPnP functionality.

(2017-06-25, 20:33)throwie1087 Wrote: There also doesn't seem to be an option to make Kodi bind all network services to a specific IP or interface (although there exists a 7 year old feature request in this forum).
Unfortunately this is a limitation of the Platinum UPnP framework that we rely on.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA always binds to random port0