organising and retrieving info on classical artists/conductors
hi Scott

If you're able to comment, this has been helpful, in that:

- 'London symphony orchestra' has appeared with a great thumbnail, background and bio
- 'Valery Gergiev' has appeared with a great thumbnail, background and bio.

However, there is also an entry labelled 'Mahler' without any further details.

My guess is that the Musicbrainz entry should be 'Gustav Mahler', and because it's not, Kodi is not able to ID it correctly.

Does this sound right? Amending my Album artist tag (FLAC) to 'Gustav Mahler; London Symphony Orchestra, Valery Gergiev' does not seem to correct it, but perhaps in the Kodi scraper the MB id is being used, and that's resulting in 'Mahler'.

I've not amended anything on MB before... but perhaps amending this would help.. before I wade in would you kindly confirm if this sounds right to you?

nb I'm afraid you lost me from (and including) your discussion of "album artists" onwards (OK, so I note the point about nfo's, but I've not used SQL databases before). However your earlier steps helped me progress, for which I'm grateful.

Tom

EDIT: OK, 'Mahler' seems now to have self-corrected (somehow?), to 'Gustav Mahler' and so all is well .. (i've not made any amend on MB)

I'm finding similarly there's no thumb/bio for 'Dame Janet Baker' or 'Sir John Barbirolli', though presumably this is because it's looking on audioDB where none currently exist. I note thumb+bio both do on musicbrainz, so am interested that Kodi is not able to scrape these - perhaps MB is not intended to be used in this way however (or perhaps this is already on Dave's radar) ..

For now I'll assume my next step will be to source details such as these and contribute them to audioDB, so they can be scraped by Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: organising and retrieving info on classical artists/conductors - by tOM_XB - 2017-05-09, 19:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
organising and retrieving info on classical artists/conductors0