Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change live TV default audio stream
Hi

I'm using the DVBlink PVR addon with Kodi 17. Not sure if this is a Kodi or DVBlink addon issue.

The problem I'm having is that when watching tv Kodi is defaulting to the first audio stream, which in my case is descriptive audio. I need to default to the second stream (which is English) for all channels but I can't seem to find a way to globally set this. Am I missing something or is this feature missing?

Cheers!
At the bottom of the audio window - where you change the stream - there's an option to save your selection as default.

Not sure if it will do what you want, but it's worth a try.

Andy
Thats where I have been changing it but it doesn't seem to change it for all channels, or persist after reloading Kodi/restarting the PC
There's a setting i use to solve this, it's the 'Prefer default audio stream' option.
I think i had to uncheck it to get the right audio stream.

In Krypton, for some reason it's tucked away in the Language settings.
(2017-05-09, 00:12)Nomarky Wrote: Hi

I'm using the DVBlink PVR addon with Kodi 17. Not sure if this is a Kodi or DVBlink addon issue.

The problem I'm having is that when watching tv Kodi is defaulting to the first audio stream, which in my case is descriptive audio. I need to default to the second stream (which is English) for all channels but I can't seem to find a way to globally set this. Am I missing something or is this feature missing?

Cheers!

I have exactly the opposite. I also use DVBlink. I am in the Netherlands and use Ziggo as provider. 
Most channels have the choice: 
- Dutch-1/2
- Dutch-ac3 2/3
- Unknown'

Kodi always uses the second (ac3) as default audio stream but i need the first one since it's much more loud and clear. (my AV receiver does all the audio decoding)
I have tried anything in the language settings but unfortunately no solution.

Now i have to switch audio streams manually every time i change a channel.
It is driving me insane

btw. I am using the DSplayer version of Kodi. But the LiveTV is played by the default Kodi player

Change live TV default audio stream00