Bug PVR.IsTimeShift is returning false even when timeshifting
Moved this here from the general support forum, in case a NexpPVR client addon dev can do something about it...

(2017-05-08, 11:27)aegidius Wrote: Writing a skin whose OSD contains some info about the timeshift - specifically, how much time is in the buffer and where we are in it.

PVR.IsTimeShift is returning false even when timeshifting. Consquently, PVR.TimeshiftStart and PVR.TimeshiftEnd are invalid. This is with Estuary on Krypton, rrunning with a NextPVR backend on Windows. Not sure if this is a Kodi issue or something wrong with the backend? Of course, timeshifting is enabled in the backend and I can pause and skip around to my heart's content. Any ideas from the skinners?

(2017-05-08, 18:14)ksooo Wrote: Well, the nextpvr add-on does not implement the required functions. => https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr/...t.cpp#L734

(2017-05-09, 00:17)aegidius Wrote: That's well spotted :-)
I thought as much. Strange that it actually supports timeshifting underneath. Are you aware of other backends that correctly report timeshift start and end times?
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
Sorry, the NextPVR addon doesn't currently support this recent addition to the Kodi PVR API. I intend to add support for it in the future though.

The timeshift setting in the NextPVR addon advanced settings pre-date Kodi adding it's timeshift feature...so even though they sound the same, they're unrelated.
(2017-05-09, 02:19)sub3 Wrote: Sorry, the NextPVR addon doesn't currently support this recent addition to the Kodi PVR API. I intend to add support for it in the future though.

The timeshift setting in the NextPVR addon advanced settings pre-date Kodi adding it's timeshift feature...so even though they sound the same, they're unrelated.

@sub3 recent addition? Hehe. It was added back in 2015, iirc ;-)

@aegidius pvr.hts (tvheadend) and pvr.vdr.vnsi definitely implement the timeshift status functions. There are others which I currently do not remember.
I believe I am running into the same issue. I have the latest version of NextPVR and Kodi (17.6) but when resuming live tv in the nextPvr addon in Kodi it doesn't resume from where it was paused but instead resumes to the live time.

Is there any idea when this functionality might be supported?

Thanks,
This works for me in Kodi 18.0 alpha latest 64bit nightlies on windows 10 pro.
However, timeshift does not work on latest 18.0 alpha nightlies for Android Arm V7, which suggests that that version does not have the latest nextpvr addon changes.
Any ideas how we could get the latest changes of nextpvr addon to android Kodi so that timeshift properly works also on Android?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR.IsTimeShift is returning false even when timeshifting0