• 1(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
I've put together a solution that allow you to control Kodi with your Google Home / Google Assistant.
Eventually it allows you to perform these actions with voice commands:

Play a movie:
"Hey Google, kodi play movie [movie name]" --> will search for the given movie name and play it.

Play the next unwatched episode:
"Hey Google, kodi play tv show [tv show name]" --> will search for the given tv show and play the next unwatched episode.

Play a specific episode: new
"Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 2 episode 5" --> will search for the given tv show and play episode 5 on season 2.

Pause / Resume kodi:
"Hey Google, pause kodi"

Stop kodi:
"Hey Google, stop kodi"

Setup instructions can be found here: https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi

Hope it'd be helpful,
Omer
great work! works like charm, thank you very much Big Grin

replaced yatse voice command for me Big Grin
Thanks, this works great for me also. Thanks very much.
This works fantastically well - and I have absolutely ZERO experience with coding, Linux, Github or Glitch, i just followed the "recipe" and it worked.

Do you have any idea if you will expand functionality on this - maybe volume control, support for music? (or even support for Shoutcast radio etc?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!
(2017-06-13, 21:20)MrLachdanan Wrote: This works fantastically well - and I have absolutely ZERO experience with coding, Linux, Github or Glitch, i just followed the "recipe" and it worked.

Do you have any idea if you will expand functionality on this - maybe volume control, support for music? (or even support for Shoutcast radio etc?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

Sorry, I don't think I'll add any of these anytime soon. If someone else want, they could add this to this project.

I did, however, added support to play a specific episode (e.g. "Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 3 episode 1")
kept getting action failed with webhooks saying it needs https or http but i already have https in the url
any help? thanks
Hey there! Thanks for this setup! Question where am I suppose to paste

KODI_IP="YOUR_EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS"
KODI_PORT="YOUR_KODI_PORT"
KODI_USER="YOUR_KODI_USER_NAME"
KODI_PASSWORD="YOUR_KODI_PASSWORD"
AUTH_TOKEN="YOUR_CONNECTION_PASSWORD"

Within .env file. There is already text within that file so I don't know if I need to add it to the middle or the top or delete the text within that section. I'm pretty sure I followed the steps right but its not showing me anything on Kodi. Google replies.

Side note couldn't this work with Alexa also? It would be Alexa trigger bla bla right?

Please someone give me hand with this I'm stuck. Lol
(2017-07-22, 08:30)Oohmyjosh Wrote: Hey there! Thanks for this setup! Question where am I suppose to paste

Within .env file. There is already text within that file so I don't know if I need to add it to the middle or the top or delete the text within that section. I'm pretty sure I followed the steps right but its not showing me anything on Kodi. Google replies.

Side note couldn't this work with Alexa also? It would be Alexa trigger bla bla right?

Hey,
It may be easier to help from GitHub project (you could open an issue there).

You can remove the text in the .env file and replace it with the above text.
For example, if you port is 8080 you should write
KODI_PORT="8080"

Google will reply even if it doesn't work.. so that's not really a good indication if you set up things correctly.

Try pausing a video on Kodi by entering this in your browser:
http://YOUR_EXTERNAL_KODI_IP:PORT/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}
If you get prompt to enter username and password choose the ones you set in Kodi.
If that doesn't work you probably have a problem with Kodi or your router.

I'm not familiar with the Alexa set up.
(2017-07-22, 19:20)omertu Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 08:30)Oohmyjosh Wrote: Hey there! Thanks for this setup! Question where am I suppose to paste

Hey,

KODI_PORT="8080"

Google will replay even if it doesn't work.. so that's not really a good indication if you set up things correctly.

http://YOUR_EXTERNAL_KODI_IP:PORT/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}
If you get prompt to enter username and password choose the ones you set in Kodi.

the external app doesn't log up anything for me
(2017-07-22, 19:20)omertu Wrote:

Hey,

KODI_PORT="8080"

Google will reply even if it doesn't work.. so that's not really a good indication if you set up things correctly.

Thank you so much for the help man. I got it working just fine! You rock!
Wow. Thanks a lot for this great guide and also for adding new functionnalities! Set this up less than 24 hours ago and now you updated it with PVR features! That's great! Really happy to now be able to control my PVR channels by name.

Do you think it would also be possible to control it by channel number instead of names? I have some channel names that are really long and hard to remember.

Another request, if you can. Would you be to able to add the volume control, basically I'm currently controlling it through CEC. This is more likely a Yatse feature than a Kodi feature though so it might not be available. Anyway, thanks a lot for everything you've done. It's really appreciated.
Hey great work thanks!

I forked your git, and plan on adding the following support:

SmartPlaylist
Latest Movie, Episode playback
Volume Control, incl. Mute.
PVR channel navigation, Up, Down, Last.

I'll push the updates when i'm finished Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-07-28, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Hey great work thanks!

SmartPlaylist

Wow! Great news! I can be a tester if needed. I work in IT so should be a good tester Smile
(2017-07-29, 01:18)stoned99 Wrote:

SmartPlaylist

Wow! Great news! I can be a tester if needed. I work in IT so should be a good tester Smile

I'll probably start working on some of the updates this weekend... I don't want to hijack the ops work, I'll beta test as I go and commit my updates to "OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi".
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-07-29, 01:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-07-29, 01:18)stoned99 Wrote:

SmartPlaylist

I'll probably start working on some of the updates this weekend... I don't want to hijack the ops work, I'll beta test as I go and commit my updates to "OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi".

I tried the mute (unmute) and set volume and it's working great. Thanks for your work on this. Looking forward for new features Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4