Release - Control Kodi with your Google Home

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
omertu Offline
I've put together a solution that allow you to control Kodi with your Google Home / Google Assistant.
Eventually it allows you to perform these actions with voice commands:

Play a movie:
"Hey Google, kodi play movie [movie name]" --> will search for the given movie name and play it.

Play the next unwatched episode:
"Hey Google, kodi play tv show [tv show name]" --> will search for the given tv show and play the next unwatched episode.

Play a specific episode: new
"Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 2 episode 5" --> will search for the given tv show and play episode 5 on season 2.

Pause / Resume kodi:
"Hey Google, pause kodi"

Stop kodi:
"Hey Google, stop kodi"

Setup instructions can be found here: https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi

Hope it'd be helpful,
Omer
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-16 04:13 by omertu.)
find quote
keydon Offline
Donor
great work! works like charm, thank you very much Big Grin

replaced yatse voice command for me Big Grin
find quote
nicgord Offline
Thanks, this works great for me also. Thanks very much.
find quote
MrLachdanan Offline
This works fantastically well - and I have absolutely ZERO experience with coding, Linux, Github or Glitch, i just followed the "recipe" and it worked.

Do you have any idea if you will expand functionality on this - maybe volume control, support for music? (or even support for Shoutcast radio etc?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!
find quote
omertu Offline
(2017-06-13 21:20)MrLachdanan Wrote:  This works fantastically well - and I have absolutely ZERO experience with coding, Linux, Github or Glitch, i just followed the "recipe" and it worked.

Do you have any idea if you will expand functionality on this - maybe volume control, support for music? (or even support for Shoutcast radio etc?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

Sorry, I don't think I'll add any of these anytime soon. If someone else want, they could add this to this project.

I did, however, added support to play a specific episode (e.g. "Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 3 episode 1")
find quote