• 5(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully configured this script using Luma as their wireless router?

I only ask because if I use my LAN IP address for the Kodi, i am able to stop/play/resume playback using the JSON URL.

However, if I try to use the WAN IP i get a '404' error. Which likely explain why Glitch is failing to execute to my Kodi, too.

thanks
(2017-10-16, 06:14)user_revoked Wrote: Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully configured this script using Luma as their wireless router?

I only ask because if I use my LAN IP address for the Kodi, i am able to stop/play/resume playback using the JSON URL.

However, if I try to use the WAN IP i get a '404' error. Which likely explain why Glitch is failing to execute to my Kodi, too.

thanks

I think that means either your public IP address is not correct or your router is not configured to route the request to Kodi
Hi, why cant i get this to work. Have followed instructions to full. Have my port forwarded. On glitch have tried new project for both node app and website, which one should i useHuh Any help greatly appreciated
(2017-10-26, 22:38)Neil123 Wrote: Hi, why cant i get this to work. Have followed instructions to full. Have my port forwarded. On glitch have tried new project for both node app and website, which one should i useHuh  Any help greatly appreciated

ok, have been trouble shooting seif as didnt get a reply. are able to pause kodi fom local link but not from external ip link. Strange thing is when I use the external ip link it goes to my Qnap nas saying "Error

Page not found or the web server is currently unavailable. Please contact the website administrator for help."  Have spoken with isp and port is open.
 I have a huawei HG8245H router/modem in bridge and a Amplifi HD router, the port is closed if i dont map it from the modem. The problem seems to be from the router to the kodl box. Not sure what to try next
(2017-07-28, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Hey great work thanks!

I forked your git, and plan on adding the following support:

SmartPlaylist
Latest Movie, Episode playback
Volume Control, incl. Mute.
PVR channel navigation, Up, Down, Last.

I'll push the updates when i'm finished Smile

Hey! What came of this fork? Care to share? I'm having probs getting the OG setup.
First off ... This is friggin' amazing.  I was luke warm on the whole voice control bit since my setup is very esoteric.  All I needed was voice control over Kodi - and this is it.

BUT ... Smile

I have tons of the commands working.  Several, however, are not.  I've been back and forth looking for a "fat finger" - but everything looks good.

The commands seemingly not working:
  • scanlibrary
  • seekforward
I haven't tried all the commands; PLAY, SHUFFLE, STOP, PAUSE, MUTE - all good.

Anyone have any ideas?  Any help appreciated.
Okay I was mistaken with ScanLibrary - that is working.

Jumping ahead x seconds, however doesn't.  Here is the glitch log errorSadnode:94) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): ReferenceError: kodi is not defined
Hello.  Just got myself Google Home and this is great!
I'm trying to add this to my settings/configurations but having issues.

I followed instructions from beginning to end.  I added the IFTTT 's exactly as OmerTu stated.  So far I have created 2 applets Play a movie in Kodi and Pause.

While a movie is playing, I say "hey google, pause" , Google Home will say, "nothing is playing."
When I say, "hey google, play xxx", Google Home will say, "playing xxx" but nothing plays.
Or when if I say "hey google, play xxx on Kodi", Google Home will say, "sorry, I can't play from Kodi yet."

I troubleshooted per OmerTu's instruction and was able to pause and un pause a movie when I enter my local IP and external IP.
  1. While a video is being played in Kodi, try pausing it by entering this in your browser:
Quote:http://YOUR_INTERNAL_KODI_IP:PORT/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}
If you get prompt to enter username and password choose the ones you set in Kodi (step A above). If that doesn't work, you probably have a problem with your kodi setup.
  1. If that works, try pausing a video using your external IP:
Quote:http://YOUR_EXTERNAL_IP:PORT/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}

Both steps work.
The movie is stored locally on my usb drive and attached to my shield.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Again, watching all the youtube clips on this integration, looks great!  Can't wait to get mine set up.

Thanks.
first of all, thank you for this great work.

would like to know if support for Music library will be able soon Huh?

would be very very nice
(2017-11-26, 06:57)oxynaz Wrote: first of all, thank you for this great work.

would like to know if support for Music library will be able soon Huh?

would be very very nice
 Eagerly awaiting this also! Smile
Hello Folks,

I am new to this and came across this post on controlling kodi using google home. Just few queries as given below:

a. Had anyone tried using the option B.2 ? i.e. setting up the local server instead of glitch ? In that one of the steps I didnt understand ? i.e. Edit the file and make sure the kodiConfig and globalConfig sections match your environment. What does this mean ? where can I find this globalConfig sections ?
b. Does these steps works for google home mini as well ? 
c. Also not sure what needs to be done in the below step?Here is a systemd init config. To run it as a daemon. On a debian dist save it as 
Code:
/etc/systemd/system/kodiassistant.service
. If its a windows machine ? where do I need to save ? and what needs to be saved?
 Don't forget to run: sudo systemctl enable 
Code:
sudo systemctl enable kodiassistant.service
 to start the deamon on startup. Where this needs to be run ? on cmd terminal ?

Provide your inputs ! Thanks !
Just got a Google home mini and this is great! Been looking up how to do this for a couple days. Was wondering if you guys have tried to figure out a way to open add-ons and/or search in them. Or like up, down, left, right, select commands
(2017-10-29, 05:31)sneakerpunk Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Hey great work thanks!

I forked your git, and plan on adding the following support:

SmartPlaylist
Latest Movie, Episode playback
Volume Control, incl. Mute.
PVR channel navigation, Up, Down, Last.

I'll push the updates when i'm finished Smile

Hey! What came of this fork? Care to share? I'm having probs getting the OG setup. 
Most of its finished, haven't had a chance to cleanup and push upstream.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hello Folks, 

Just to Clarify:
a. I am running my Kodi installed/from Amazon Fire TV and Not from my Laptop. 

Does the settings provided in the procedures works for Kodi running from external devices ? connected to the same network in which the google mini is connected ? Kindly clarify!

I tried following the steps provides in the procedure page and when I said "Hey Google, Kodi Play Movie Gladiator", the google responds back saying "I am still unable to play from Kodi"!!. Think I am stuck with the router configs + port forwarding etc.

a. In the Kodi -> Settings -> webserver, I choose http, entered the port-id as 8080 and other required details. And there was a default option for web-ui as Kodi - chorus 2[Not sure what was it]. 
b. In the router single port forwarding setup page, I tried setting the following.
   Application Name - Kodi and
    External PortInternal PortProtocolTo IP AddressEnabled      8080           8080          Both           192.168.1.109      Yes

c. Then in the google I tried checking what is my ip and it provided some "random ip number". So i entered those details in the glitch .env file. Do I need to provide the google provided IP number in the .env file ? or do I need to provide the same number as provided in the router port forwarding ? i.e. 192.168.1.109 ?
    KODI_IP="23.256.19.879"
    KODI_PORT="8080"

After setting these defaults and then filling up the applets in the glitch "if this then that". When I tried saying "Hey Google, Kodi Play Movie Gladiator", then the Google mini responds back saying "I am Unable to play from Kodi" ! Can anyone help on the above settings to be done ?

How can I change the above configurations for this scenario ??

Thanks in Advance !!
Hi, very interesting manual, but i dont have google home and i am interested in, if this (control kodi by voice) is possible only with android phone with google assistant and if yes, how to do that.

Thank you
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4