• 9(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
Hello sg1102,

How did you solve the issue :

UNABLE TO MAKE A WEB REQUEST. YOUR SERVER RETURNED A 400
Hi, 

Thanks for the hard work. I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that this also works with Cortana. You might want to change the topic to reflect that.
400 is a bad syntax error. What I was doing wrong was entering just my password in the body field of ifttt instead of {"token":"mypassword"} where mypassword is the password I setup in the last line of the .env file in glitch. Hope that makes sense!
(2017-12-28, 21:56)abhishekbafna Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I need your help please!!

I have followed all steps as mentioned on Omertu. But I am not able to get my Glitch test working. I am kinda struck on very beginning of this.
IMp: My kodi is connected via LAN/Ethernet wire but share same internet connection as my Google Home Mini which is on WIFI. Would that be a problem?
Steps followed:
1) I have created username, password and port: 8090 in kodi.
2) Went to system information in kodi and got my ip address from there.
3) Configured Port Forwarding on my router (New to this)
4) Set external IP address : 0.0.0.0 , port: 8090, Internal IP Address : 192.168.x.x Port: 8090, TCP
5) Created Glitch project and imported omertu project. Changed env setting to my kodi username, password, port, and KODI_IP_ADRESS via my laptop (connected on same wifi as google home mini)
6) Click on Show live.
7) Glitch open another browser with my project URL :https://abhishek-kodi.glitch.me/
    ---> The functionality you would like to test: /koditestconnection
    ----->
Click on Button : Test Connection to Kodi
8) Failed : Gateway timed out.

Please help what i am doing wrong, I know your expert advice would definitely help me.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Abhishek
@abhishekbafna Did you ever got this to work? Just wondering as I have run into a similar problem.
Thanks for all the hard work that has been put into this.  It works great.  The only thing I'm struggling with is playing tv series.  Just wondering if anyone can answer me this. 

I have my tv series store in the library under the Series name and then individual seasons.  For example:
Downton Abbey (folder)
      Season One (sub folder)
            Individual files for each episode (eg Downton Abbey  S01 E01) etc
      Season Two (sub folder)
            Individual files for each episode (eg Downton Abbey  S02E01) etc

If I want to play a specific show/season and episode - for example Downton Abbey Season Four Episode Two what code do I use.  I see from the instructions that I can use the following for TV showsSay a phrase with a text ingredientKodi play an episode of $YOUR_NODE_SERVER/playtvshow?q={{TextField}}This works if I say play an episode of Downton Abbey - then it plays a random episode.

I thought I would try the other code listedSay a phrase with both a number and a text ingredientKodi play $ episode #YOUR_NODE_SERVER/playepisode?q={{TextField}}&e= {{NumberField}}but if I say Kodi Play Downton Abbey Season Four Episode two it doesn't seem to pick up the right season and episode am I missing something.

Any advise would be appreciated.
I was going to try running this on my Synology NAS but did some research on installing node.js on my Nvidia Shield since I did not want to have my NAS powered on 24/7. Happy to say it works on the Shield since it is very low powered and no need to have drives spinning. I was a bit worried since after the npm install there where some errors but I proceeded anyway and it worked out.
I'm the most stupid guy in a pair of shoes, I just can't get this to work. 

"request to http://155.x.x.79:8080/jsonrpc failed, reason: connect ENETUNREACH 155.x.x.79:8080"

is all I got, tried to make this happen for four hour now..
Hi, can this be integrared shit homeassitant? Like even only the “node” part ?
First of all, thanks for making this. I have a couple of questions, Im trying to use this with docker on libreelec. Do I still need to point my webserver 8080 to the internet with me hosting this on docker? My VPN on libreelec blocks this and was hoping that self hosting would remove the need for this. Also what address would I use for IFTTT? All the guides point to the glitch address but im not using glitch, so what would the address be instead for example play/pause? Any help would be great, I haven't seen anyone using this with docker yet.
Hi All, kinda linked to the above.
I was wondering if there was a way of doing this without the connection to the external IP?
If the Google Home and the Media PC are on the same WIFI LAN?

Thanks
Hey, thanks for this! Great work.

Edited: I'm an idiot. I misread some stuff.
please delete ive fixed it now
I tried to clone the project into glitch, but am running out of options after thag. Two things:

A) How do I find the option to set the project to private?
B) I cannot find the env-file in the project files. Is it located elsewhere?

Thanks!
I got it all working on a looal server. Awesome stuff. 😎

The only thing that doesn't work are the playlists. I checked my Kodi logfiles and Kodi doesn't receive a call.

Anyone who got playlists to work?
Hi..I am not a tech guy and I dont have a static IP and I Have absolutely no idea about coding.  In Env edit I put in kodi, kodi and kodi for auth token as well.  in IFTTT as well for that 'body", i put kodi instead of my connection token..is the right thing to do? in IFTTT the task is successful.  When I shout the comment hey google kodi play wreck it ralph....it says ...i dont see any chormecast or cast enabled TVs enabled in your account....what wrong am I doing pls..
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4