• 10(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
Just to clarify...I have my kodi on my desktop which is connected to my TV. and since i am making all the changes and testing at the same time, i guess not having a static IP shoulnt make a difference
I'm looking for some assistance.

I have some of the pieces working but not the whole deal.

I'm good with the server node running and IFTTT configurations to Google home.

My issue is sending commands to the KODI json piece.

I run this command in my web browser:
Code:
http://192.168.5.123:8082/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}
and I get this response:
Code:
={"error":{"code":-32099,"message":"Bad client permission."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}]

It does prompt me for a userID and password (chrome doesn't but Firefox and IE do) but the PAUSE command does not pause the playing video.

Is there a setting in Kodi that I'm missing?
I CAN play videos on the kodi from the Browser.
Under services> I have both "Allow remote control from applications on this system" and "Allow remote control from applications on other systems" ENABLED

the IP and Port are correct on the kodi machine and so is the userID:password

Using Kodi 18.0 rc3 on windows 10
latest googlehomeKodi from OmerTu fork (also on a windows 10 machine
Nodejs 10.14.2 (includes npm 6.4.1)

thanks
Thank you for your hard work. ;-)

At first the docker would not start as I forgot to map the "kodi-hosts config.js" file.

After correcting the mistake the only thing I did was fire up the docker in Synology.
And add a port forward for IFTTT in the internet router,

As the traffic was natively http for the docker image I added a reverse_proxy for ssl off-loading.
Bit safer.
Do these voice commands still work if I do everything except that I’m running kodi on fire stick. I’d like to be able to tell google to do it and the kodi on my tv will work (firestick) thanks in advance
yeah this should work, as long as you can enable thee service file and nable the kodi web gui
Great to see this.

The Leia announcement includes reference to google assistant support for Android TV. How is this different from this solution?

Does this solution allow me to play music from Kodi to Google home speakers? "Hey google play some music from kodi to google home speaker 2"?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Thanks heaps for this. I am running the latest version of libreelec that support imx6 (Kodi Jarvi 17.3)

I have followed the instructions up to this point:

Code:
docker build --tag omertu/googlehomekodi .

Unfortunately it fails with:

Code:

Sending build context to Docker daemon   574 kB
Step 1/17 : FROM node:alpine as builder
Error parsing reference: "node:alpine as builder" is not a valid repository/tag: invalid reference format

I am a software dude, but have no experience with Docker. 5 minutes of googling did not find any hits on this error or similar errors.

edit: seems like the version of docker might be too old.
Tried creating a new jail in freenas and installing there, but I'm running 9.3 and the version of node.js is too old lol
So in the end I installed it on my windows PC and have it running fine for now. Looks like it is finally time to bite the bullet and update freenas to 10.x
(2018-12-24, 19:34)bkagan Wrote: I'm looking for some assistance.

I have some of the pieces working but not the whole deal.

I'm good with the server node running and IFTTT configurations to Google home.

My issue is sending commands to the KODI json piece.

I run this command in my web browser:
Code:
http://192.168.5.123:8082/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.playpause","params":{"playerid":1}}
and I get this response:
Code:
={"error":{"code":-32099,"message":"Bad client permission."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}]

It does prompt me for a userID and password (chrome doesn't but Firefox and IE do) but the PAUSE command does not pause the playing video.

Is there a setting in Kodi that I'm missing?
I CAN play videos on the kodi from the Browser.
Under services> I have both "Allow remote control from applications on this system" and "Allow remote control from applications on other systems" ENABLED

the IP and Port are correct on the kodi machine and so is the userID:password

Using Kodi 18.0 rc3 on windows 10
latest googlehomeKodi from OmerTu fork (also on a windows 10 machine
Nodejs 10.14.2 (includes npm 6.4.1)

thanks

I have the same problem. I read all the pages of the Topic ... I check that the support is null ... The way is to try ...

Thank you for your work.
i followed the steps but when i try to run the IFTTT command i get this "Unable to make web request. Your server returned a 404"
here is my env 
KODI_PROTOCOL="http"
KODI_IP="72.137.75.96"
KODI_PORT="8080"
KODI_USER="TV"
KODI_PASSWORD="username"
AUTH_TOKEN="password"

I am trying to use this Kodi open $ from my favourites

update: I initially named my glitch as Kodi and it was not working properly now I added some letter to it ex: kodi123 and re-launch the domain, now I can run the command from the web page but not the assistance
update 2: made a new applet and now it is working it is awesome thank you
Thanks so much for your work on this! I love the app and am in the process of fully setting it up now. I'm coming over from using Vox commando for voice control and there are 3 commands that I use the most on vox that I'm hoping to be able to get working here so I'm wondering if any of these are currently possible 
#1- "browse to"- on vox I have it set to where can say something like browse to movie/tv show such and such and it brings me to the info screen of the show/movie. Its usefull cause it shows all the info for it as well as the trailer autoplays so its help guest decide if they wanna watch it or not
#2- Actor/actress- Is there would there be a way to say an actor and have all their stuff show up
#3 Cinemavision- is there anyway to start playing the movie through cinemavision? like just say "hey google Cinema vision scarface" and it starts playing the movie through cinemavision
If any of these or possible can someone point me in the right direction of what needs to go in IFTT to make it work?
Anyone know how to specify movies that have the same name?
Hey,

I built it the same way with my own webserver. When I use my phone mit Google Assistant, it wrks fine. But when I use my Google Home Mini, it always tells me, that he couldnt find any chromcast devices to play the movie on. Something I have to take care of?

Thanks.
I'm using the broker, but I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully created a command for Kodi to play a movie in 4K? I have a separate library with 4K movies but a lot of them I also have in 1080p. So, how would I go about something like "Kodi play Spider-Man: Far From Home in 4K"
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
I’ve been enjoying this tool set up using Cortana, and all of a sudden Cortana won’t talk to IFTTT.

I’ve run Windows 10 updates, turned off VPN, anti virus etc, created a new IFTTT account to reconnect to Cortana, checked Cortana is signed in.

I have only 1 Microsoft account and email address so i can‘t think what might have changed.

I’d be grateful for any suggestions.
(2019-09-29, 00:13)captainfearless Wrote: I’ve been enjoying this tool set up using Cortana, and all of a sudden Cortana won’t talk to IFTTT.

I’ve run Windows 10 updates, turned off VPN, anti virus etc, created a new IFTTT account to reconnect to Cortana, checked Cortana is signed in.

I have only 1 Microsoft account and email address so i can‘t think what might have changed.

I’d be grateful for any suggestions.
Sorted, i unknowingly had 2 live outlook accounts!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4