• 11(current)
Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
(2017-05-10, 08:19)omertu Wrote: I've put together a solution that allow you to control Kodi with your Google Home / Google Assistant.
Eventually it allows you to perform these actions with voice commands:

Play a movie:
"Hey Google, kodi play movie [movie name]" --> will search for the given movie name and play it.

Play the next unwatched episode:
"Hey Google, kodi play tv show [tv show name]" --> will search for the given tv show and play the next unwatched episode.

Play a specific episode:new
"Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 2 episode 5" --> will search for the given tv show and play episode 5 on season 2.

Pause / Resume kodi:
"Hey Google, pause kodi"

Stop kodi:
"Hey Google, stop kodi"

Setup instructions can be found here: https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi

Hope it'd be helpful,
Omer

I'm Thoroughly confused..  So i have a tv with a chromecast on it, connected to Sonos Soundbar.  I have Kodi on my computer with movies, music, TV shows
I created a glitch i think correctly, created applet in IFTTT,change Kodi settings, Changed Router Forwarded and on computer allowed sharing and media streaming

Now how exactly is this all work?  I activate google assistance either on phon or my google mine.  Kodi play "Skyscraper" on Living Room TV  of in living room (room with TV and Sonos PLayer)

Do i have to install kodi somewhere else?  On TV, On Phone?
I got this all setup and working, is really cool!  

Unfortunately, i'm double nat'd so in order to get it to work I have to have my ISP port forward stuff directly to my IP, then I have to port forward that to my Docker container.  It took 2 years of bugging them to get 1 port opened for Plex.  I temporarily pointed that to the new port on the server and it worked perfect. 

My question, is there any way to make it make the requests internally (LAN), without using IFTTT. I think we can build an API.AI in google then make it private so it can call it locally and interface with my local webserver.  

Just curious if anyone has done this or has any input on it, would be greatly appreciated!  Is this the B.4 option with google?
(2019-10-11, 18:11)[email protected] Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 08:19)omertu Wrote: I've put together a solution that allow you to control Kodi with your Google Home / Google Assistant.

Play a movie:
"Hey Google, kodi play movie [movie name]" --> will search for the given movie name and play it.

"Hey Google, kodi play tv show [tv show name]" --> will search for the given tv show and play the next unwatched episode.

"Hey Google, kodi play [tv show name] season 2 episode 5" --> will search for the given tv show and play episode 5 on season 2.

Pause / Resume kodi:
"Hey Google, pause kodi"

Stop kodi:
"Hey Google, stop kodi"

Hope it'd be helpful,
Omer

I'm Thoroughly confused..  So i have a tv with a chromecast on it, connected to Sonos Soundbar.  I have Kodi on my computer with movies, music, TV shows
I created a glitch i think correctly, created applet in IFTTT,change Kodi settings, Changed Router Forwarded and on computer allowed sharing and media streaming

Now how exactly is this all work?  I activate google assistance either on phon or my google mine.  Kodi play "Skyscraper" on Living Room TV  of in living room (room with TV and Sonos PLayer)

I think you may be using this wrong...?  At least for me Kodi is my client device streaming my movies from my Plex server.... I'm not sure if can push to other devices... if so that would be really cool!

Really rough overview on how it works...
When you say "Hey Google, Kodi Play Movie SkyScraper", it goes to IFTTT, and see's the words "Kodi Play Movie". That starts your applet to be ran.  It will then send a web URL to your public IP (back to your house) and if properly configured... will end up to your local webserver. Which does some logic, and then interfaces with the Kodi Client to start the movie through Kodi (not through chromecast/sonos etc...)
(2019-10-12, 05:28)requiem240sx Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 18:11)[email protected] Wrote:

Play a movie:

Pause / Resume kodi:
"Hey Google, pause kodi"

Stop kodi:
"Hey Google, stop kodi"

How do o setup an ifttt, where and what r the exact instructions?

Hope it'd be helpful,
Omer

I think you may be using this wrong...?  At least for me Kodi is my client device streaming my movies from my Plex server.... I'm not sure if can push to other devices... if so that would be really cool!

Really rough overview on how it works...
When you say "Hey Google, Kodi Play Movie SkyScraper", it goes to IFTTT, and see's the words "Kodi Play Movie". That starts your applet to be ran.  It will then send a web URL to your public IP (back to your house) and if properly configured... will end up to your local webserver. Which does some logic, and then interfaces with the Kodi Client to start the movie through Kodi (not through chromecast/sonos etc...)
Just started looking at this now and it looks really cool. Does it have the ability to control multiple Kodi boxes? I’ve got a few around the house we use for playback of my local media. Thanks for creating this!
(2019-10-16, 13:00)spicydanm13 Wrote: Just started looking at this now and it looks really cool. Does it have the ability to control multiple Kodi boxes? I’ve got a few around the house we use for playback of my local media. Thanks for creating this!

Never mind- got it figured out- very smooth operation!
In terms of the show kodi $ (show window) command, does anyone know a list of windows that it will work with?
Hi, can you please help me with my problem? I set everything according to the instructions. When I send a command through my glitch project, everything works, execute properly and the movie starts. However, when I use Google Home via the IFTTT / broker phrase, google home say ok but Kodi always sends me a "Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined" error ( https://paste.kodi.tv/nutolumamu ). I don't know what it means and how to solve it. Thank you.
(2019-11-23, 13:24)Kravatak76 Wrote: Hi, can you please help me with my problem? I set everything according to the instructions. When I send a command through my glitch project, everything works, execute properly and the movie starts. However, when I use Google Home via the IFTTT / broker phrase, google home say ok but Kodi always sends me a "Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined" error ( https://paste.kodi.tv/nutolumamu ). I don't know what it means and how to solve it. Thank you.
Solved Smile
(2019-11-26, 14:14)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 13:24)Kravatak76 Wrote: Hi, can you please help me with my problem? I set everything according to the instructions. When I send a command through my glitch project, everything works, execute properly and the movie starts. However, when I use Google Home via the IFTTT / broker phrase, google home say ok but Kodi always sends me a "Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined" error ( https://paste.kodi.tv/nutolumamu ). I don't know what it means and how to solve it. Thank you.
Solved Smile

How? I'm having a similar problem.
(2019-10-12, 05:20)requiem240sx Wrote: I got this all setup and working, is really cool!  

Unfortunately, i'm double nat'd so in order to get it to work I have to have my ISP port forward stuff directly to my IP, then I have to port forward that to my Docker container.  It took 2 years of bugging them to get 1 port opened for Plex.  I temporarily pointed that to the new port on the server and it worked perfect. 

My question, is there any way to make it make the requests internally (LAN), without using IFTTT. I think we can build an API.AI in google then make it private so it can call it locally and interface with my local webserver.  

Just curious if anyone has done this or has any input on it, would be greatly appreciated!  Is this the B.4 option with google?
I'm in a similar situation where I cannot forward any ports. Have you had any luck getting this working?
Thank you for creating this. Set it up just an hour ago.

The hardest part was getting the port forwarding working. Smile

(Have a router behind an ISP modem in a router behind router configuration. Smile To check if port forwarding is working as expected, use your smartphone disconnected from your wifi. Port forwarding doesnt work if you are tesing it within the same (W)LAN. Smile Entering the IPTongueORT into a browser should bring up the password prompt and then the Kodi web interface - if port forwarding is working correctly.)
Most important formula for this daemon:

Say a simple phrase     Kodi Haha     YOUR_NODE_SERVER/playyoutube?q=rickroll&max=1

Plays Rickroll from youtube when you say 'Hey google, Kodi Haha"
Once you get this working, it is awesome.

Does anyone have a problem with certain Phrase Broker?  Kodi Navhome,Kodi Navback Huh does not seem to work.  Or Kodi Navdown5
Havent installed all yet. Voice commands are Google dependent - so google has to identify them correctly for them to work. You can always replace keywords in the IFTTT syntax - if the underlying module works in principal.

(You can always test modules using the test page in Glitch (the one where you get your glitch server url from). If that works, you know that the issue should be phrase recognition on googles part. So try out different trigger phrases. Smile )

Google does some weighing. So if you write in anything that sounds like "bank", or "coffeshop" - chances are, that you are getting a wrong weighing on average - so try different keywords. Smile Maybe.

Another question. Is there a possibility to chain commands? On the most simple level - display info, and then trigger it again 5 seconds or so later, so that info gets removed from screen again.

How would you go on doing that? (With IFTTT or built in modules.)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4