Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
(2020-07-08, 20:03)harlekin Wrote: Yes, the server responded differently. Wink 401 means authentication failed (you are missing the token) 500 means, more stuff is garbled up. Wink

- Its not so difficult. Get the glitch instance to work first. (Test with the internal testing option (sunglasses at the top))
- Set up one IFTTT command, the same it is described in the readme ( https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi/ ), make it the one for playpause
- Then look at the screenshot above and make sure you set up pipedream exactly the same (except for different server url and a different token)
- then hit curl in the fist step in pipedream, and copy the url at the bottom into the IFTTT url field. Save. Thats it. Smile

If you use the code from the link provided, you really just click into the node.js object in pipedream, and post it into 'whats already there'. Then you replace url and the token bracket, and then you hit deploy.

I can set up an action in less than 10 seconds. Wink Its not rocketscience. Wink Look at the image again. If you have to. Smile

always funny how coders think it is not rocket science for us non coders Smile

Regardless your comments helped me to look at glitch first.  I assumed no issues with glitch because i made no changes and it worked fine.

However in looking at glitch i determined:

my router forwarding port had changed on device
i then noticed i was connected through VPN which was causing some issue

I then successfully tested glitch kodi connection

THen i changed the pipedream code url to /playpause

I did not get any error in pipedream but did in glitch

I then changed pipedream code url to /navselect

and BAAM!!!!  Kodi responded.

NOW...

How do i get it to accept any commands given to IFTTT?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Control Kodi with your Google Home - by [email protected] - 2020-07-08, 20:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4