Kodi - is not complete with everything
I'm not a regular poster but i'm a very experienced user of Kodi since i've used it since the good old days on Xbox.
I'm ususally on this forum checking out posts, tips, skins and addons because that's what keeps Kodi interesting.
What's bothering me is the amount of people posting about illegal addons and why it doesn't come fully loaded with Movies and TV Shows. The number of these posts seems to have been increasing as well.

Is Kodi's homepage not clear enough or is the general perception of Kodi that it's for "pirate" use?

How do we get around this problem?!?

One of the issues I found is YouTube - this videochannel have become heaven for help regarding installing banned addons and builds that are complete with "everything".

I hope this topic can start some interesting views and hopefully a solution of making Kodi as it should be (clean).
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
another reload of the topic.
I'll stay out.
I have been pondering this issue for quite a while as well.

I don't understand the thought process of a lot of these rule breaching posters.

They have no problems heading over to 'banned" site to download builds/repositories/addons, then straight over here for assistance installing or using said components!!!

For these people, there is no separation between Kodi and free goodies. But, that's what keeps this site interesting...
(2017-05-10, 09:25)Atreyu Wrote: another reload of the topic.
I'll stay out.

Interesting that you posted I'll stay out but you did exactly the opposite...
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
(2017-05-10, 09:33)TheSwede1970 Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 09:25)Atreyu Wrote: another reload of the topic.
I'll stay out.

Interesting that you posted I'll stay out but you did exactly the opposite...
You are right, ofcourse.
I guess i wanted to say that this has been discussed so many times it's not funny.

But i understand your sentiments.
I don't see the problem here.

Kodi is clean.

If users come on posting about illegal addons then they are dealt with quickly.

As for Youtube, only it's owners can do anything about that.
What I don't understand is that people are watching those Youtube videos at all... I never had the patience to watch what those idiots record and wait until it gets to the point... I'll rather read when I have a problem (not speaking only about Kodi and addons but in general).... guess I'm kinda old school Smile
Haha... Totally. So much time wasted viewing bs to get to the substance, which would be 4 sentences
... and if they watch these Youtube videos to get these garbage addons installed, why do they come here to complain when they have a problem instead of asking the Youtuber? Boggles the mind.
On /r/kodi too, people constantly complaining that this or that 'build' is not working or they can't find a specific movie on their addons. Mods there are great at killing those off, but even them other people will post links to YouTube tutorials for dodgy addons and builds when people ask a question that requires a few lines of text to answer, not a 30 minute video!

I honestly think the issue is these people have absolutely no idea, they really do believe that KODI is for illegal streaming and nothing else, so they don't understand why asking on the official forums gets them nowhere.
(2017-05-12, 07:38)Gothicawakening Wrote: On /r/kodi too, people constantly complaining that this or that 'build' is not working or they can't find a specific movie on their addons. Mods there are great at killing those off, but even them other people will post links to YouTube tutorials for dodgy addons and builds when people ask a question that requires a few lines of text to answer, not a 30 minute video!

I honestly think the issue is these people have absolutely no idea, they really do believe that KODI is for illegal streaming and nothing else, so they don't understand why asking on the official forums gets them nowhere.

Your right I was asked by someone if I knew how to side load Kodi on to a Firestick. I did and I did it for him. He took it home and soon I got a phone call saying it was broken as he couldn't find any movies, he wanted to watch the new Star Wars without going to the cinema. After half an hour of explaining that Kodi doesn't provide movies he still thought I was wrong.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I suppose most people are goal oriented "I want to watch my footie" and then find the y-t vids offering a solution. I agree typical 30 min vid to tell you what a paragraph of text could, but I guess I'm too old. So they mindlessly follow the cookbook until things go wrong, then start searching and end up here. They have no idea what they downloaded, or where they got it, just know the letters k-o-d-i.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - is not complete with everything0