Android Philips android tv local channels
Hi, I have a Philips 5500 android series with kodi v17 on it, and I would like to watch the TV channels (the ones I have from my tv cable provider )inside the kodi, how is that posible? I tried several things but I cannot make it. any advice?
Thank you!
Start reading the PVR (wiki) pages. You will need a device like an hdhomerun from SiliconDust or backend service running somewhere.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So no way with no device just the dvb-c from the tv right ?
No. The TV's tuners won't be shared to anything on the network, including Kodi (even though it's on the same physical device).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
not on the network, locally on same device
They won't be shared with anything installed, even on the same device (the TV).

Hence Kodi can't communicate with them, hence you need an external tuner source, as @bry already said.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ohh, ok thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips android tv local channels0