Release Omni 2.x for Leia

This skin is called OMNI for its omnipresent menus. Users of Mimic will notice some similarities, as it was the base for this skin. OMNI is much more streamlined, however, and doesn't have as many customization options. Here's what you need to know:
  • The main menu and submenus are accessible from every window. Press left from the main menu and everything will slide to the right, revealing the submenu.
  • The main menu and info dialog menus use icons only. Although it may not be absolutely clear at first what some options do, you will quickly figure out what they are.
  • Press right from the window content or scrollbar to access the media menu. Or press "m" on your keyboard or remote.
  • Only keyboard and remote input are supported. Mouse input is entirely untested.
Enjoy, hope you like it!

Download/Install

OMNI is now available in the Kodi repository. The source is available here: https://github.com/braz96/skin.omni

If you would like to express your appreciation for this skin, please consider a donation to the XBMC Foundation. http://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/

Hi braz, thanks for supporting Leia!
Unfortunately the onscreen buttons for LiveTV have no icons, only text (see screenshot)
watch gallery
(2017-05-19, 18:38)indri Wrote: Hi braz, thanks for supporting Leia!
Unfortunately the onscreen buttons for LiveTV have no icons, only text (see screenshot)
You just need to update to the latest Kodi nightly...I'm using an include for my common fonts.
believe me i have tried all the skins and this one is the smoothest i have come across, thanks, i have never donated to xvmc but will do in appreciation of this skin.
(2017-05-27, 10:00)ontap Wrote: believe me i have tried all the skins and this one is the smoothest i have come across, thanks, i have never donated to xvmc but will do in appreciation of this skin.
Thanks, glad you like it!
Added a new view for Artists. From this single view you can select an artists's album, and then view the tracks for that album and play them all from one window. The view will slide over to display tracks.

On my htpc, the album list fills pretty quick, not sure how it will do on low-powered devices. I've noticed that for artists with a couple of hundred albums (Pearl Jam for me), it takes a few seconds for the list to load.

FYI, scrollbar is only selectable for the tracks list. Plus, realized that it will only play the track you select. Haven't found a way to play an album from this view.

Inspired by discussion in this thread... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314969

Looks great but the in-app list view is very weird imho. You have apps that show you a "preview" picture and it looks like this but is weird because it shows the same preview image for every item:

But then you have most other apps that display the list like so, which makes no sense:

Imho the view should be left side 1-4 and then right side 5-8 etc. Or a uniform list view like you have on Mimic where it always shows a preview image on the right side (it would show the same team logo again big on the right side). But I would prefer the smaller view you see here on the NBA app, without a preview picture. Just change the sorting or add an option if possible.

Just my 2 cents. Looks cool otherwise.
(2017-05-29, 17:54)braz Wrote: Image
That's awesome!

Only thing I can think of is adding an A-Z letters (to the left of the artist list) as well so you could filter the artist list quicker.
(2017-10-24, 11:06)meccs Wrote: Looks great but the in-app list view is very weird imho. You have apps that show you a "preview" picture and it looks like this but is weird because it shows the same preview image for every item:

But then you have most other apps that display the list like so, which makes no sense:

Imho the view should be left side 1-4 and then right side 5-8 etc. Or a uniform list view like you have on Mimic where it always shows a preview image on the right side (it would show the same team logo again big on the right side). But I would prefer the smaller view you see here on the NBA app, without a preview picture. Just change the sorting or add an option if possible.

Just my 2 cents. Looks cool otherwise.
Thanks for the input, no plans to change either behavior at this time though.
Started making some changes to the skin...also added support for Global Search version 8...

Added a player control popup to the home screen that is activated by the menu control ("m" on your keyboard).

Scratch the previous post about the popup player controls on the home screen. Decided to go ahead and add the entire media menu to match the rest of the skin. Also includes a button to configure the menus and widgets.

Note that I just updated the skin on github to require the Leia version of script.skinshortcuts (1.9.0). This will break any existing menus, so you'll likely have to recreate them. Also, you'll have to manually install the simpleeval addon before you can update skinshortcuts to the new version.

https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.module.simpleeval

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../tree/leia
This one is even better than mimic! I think I might already know the answer but is there any possibility that this skin will support additional widgets with horizontal scrolling?

I just updates everything from those git links and the skin from git, I did not have to rebuild my menus, and everything is working well.

Thanks
(2017-12-16, 19:16)wheemer Wrote: This one is even better than mimic! I think I might already know the answer but is there any possibility that this skin will support additional widgets with horizontal scrolling?

I just updates everything from those git links and the skin from git, I did not have to rebuild my menus, and everything is working well.

Thanks
Thanks. After working on this skin again, and with the slowdown in script.skinshortcuts development, I'm actually in the process of implementing a static menu with multiple widgets, similar to Estuary. This means a lot more code, but the tradeoff is it will be less complex and will fix some of the navigation issues. Will still be a bit before I push it to Github...I just started last night but have already made quite a bit of progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omni 2.x for Leia2