Release Omni 2.x for Leia
hello,

I made a update to the latest Millhouse build and use youre skin with a raspberry pi but now I´m missing the search option where my favorites are. The option is activated but the tab at the left site is not showing up?

here is an example  ImageImagePIC
Hi, can I add custom elements to the start menu?
Hi braz,
again the question about editing the Main Menue and submenues.
In 1.2 it was so easy to do it.
in 2.x now there is only on/off for existing menues.
Where are the favorites and where do I put my pictures?
Editing the menue is IMHO very important.
Is there a little bit hope that it is coming back?
Carry on with your fantastic work on this great skin.
Harald
HI Brad I love your skin in krypton version. There's a chance to bring it back skinshortcuts? It make the skin more customizable and I love it. Thanks for your work.
Hi braz, I just installed/updated Leia RC5 on nVidia Shield TV (I tried both x86 and x64) and it says Omni is not compatible with this Kodi version. Till RC4 everything was fine. Do you have an idea how to fix this?
Thank you very much
Same here just got the update on Shield TV and Omni disappeared and i'm back to default skin.  Hope their is a possibility it can be available again as it really is the best skin available!
You can probably just change the GUI minimum version on the addon.xml. Just make it one more point up.
" just change the GUI minimum version on the addon.xml"

I've tried this for both Mimic and Omni and it should work but for some reason it still won't install and pops up some generic error (not the previous error relating xbmc gui version). I'm on a Shield as well. Any tricks to editing and adding back to the zip that I may be missing? 

Thanks for any help. RC5 seems to have borked all my favourite skins!
Actually the error I am getting now pertains to an "invalid structure". This is after I have edited the xml file. I am opening it in Windows text editor and adding it back to the zip then installing the zip in Kodi. Any ideas?
unzip the archive, edit the addon.xml file, changing  line 8 to <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

save the file and zip the folder back up, and put it where you can access it via the install zip option in addons and you should be good to go.
Or better still, and for the love of all that's sacred make sure you have a decent adblocker installed on your browser, you can download this and install it. https://www75.zippyshare.com/v/1UcNkFa4/file.html
(2019-01-18, 00:38)lusephur Wrote: Or better still, and for the love of all that's sacred make sure you have a decent adblocker installed on your browser, you can download this and install it. https://www75.zippyshare.com/v/1UcNkFa4/file.html
 Thanks so much for this - worked perfectly. So weird that I was getting the inavild structure when I edited the xml file and rezipped. Can't think of what the issue might have been.

Good tip on the adblocker for zippyshare as well. I literally could not get it to download via Chrome for all the popups, however Epic Privacy Browser blocked out all the noise and I got it in one click Smile

Thanks again!
So...this nor Mimic is in the Kodi official repo and when I go to manually install both it has some GUI minimum version error. Will try the unofficial workaround skins later but wondering when this will be properly fixed and updated in the repo?
I tried altering the Omni Skin on my Linux netbook for Kodi on my Sony TV.

I got the "Invalid structure" error trying to install from a new zip archive I created from the extracted Omni folder structure.

Installation worked when I used the "-f" option (freshen) which just loaded the updated addon.xml back into the original zip archive.
I just upgraded to Kodi 18 and was dismayed by the current state of Omni:
  • Kodi 18 version isn't available on official repo
  • Skin isn't compatible with Kodi 18 final
  • Skin isn't configurable in the current development version
  • Developer isn't using GitHub Releases, making finding the last configurable version difficult
  • There are additional steps required to install the last configurable version
Figured I'd make this easier for folks in the future:

https://openload.co/f/mCEBPQLRplI/omni-classic.zip

Download, unzip omni-classic.zip, install the zips inside in alphabetical order(!), choose Omni as your skin in Settings > Interface, and you should be up and running with all your previous customizations in place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omni 2.x for Leia2