Nfo file with multiple movies
I have several dvds that have multiple movies and would like to make nfos for them so they appear in the movies section. How can I do this?
What is a "devs"?

There are a number of programs available that will help create nfo's. This is the one I use... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723

Also not sure what you mean by "so they appear in the movies section"?

The nfo's files themselves won't show in Kodi. You can't navigate to them or run them in Kodi. It is a file that Kodi reads once and loads the information into it's database.

Is there something wrong with running "Update Library" in kodi to scrape movies into the library?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The issue is I only know how to have 1file point to 1movie,not multiple movies
As far as I know, this is not possible.

There is a workround. You can make 2 directories, one for each movie, and copy the dvd in both of them (so you have 2 copies of the dvd on your NAS, one in movie A, and the other in movie B).
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Rather than wasting space with two copies, why not use a symlink?

Or better still use makemkv to rip the titles to separate mkv files. Much tidier.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Would be interesting how the authoring of those DVDs is done. Even if using symlinks and if the specific movies are listed correctly, it should be hard to start that specific movie if it's (for example) the 2nd movie on that DVD.
All it would do is start the DVD, you would then need to choose from the DVD menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That's what I'm talking about. It will start the DVD, If the first movie is "Avatar" and the 2nd movie is "Alien" then it will always either start the menu (if there is one) or it will start "Avatar" even if the movie chosen from the library is "Alien" as "Avatar" is the first movie on that DVD.

So multiple movies on a DVD ISO won't be the way I would handle my movies.
Is there a way to start, from an addon, the correct movie on a DVD?

With bluray, you can start the wanted mpls through: bluray://[udf://[path to iso]/]/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls

I have tried some things, but found nothing usefull in the logs.

Does someone know a way to specify a video on a DVD?
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Just rip them to separate files! Save yourself a whole lot of bother.
(2017-05-12, 22:01)dcsmith Wrote: The issue is I only know how to have 1file point to 1movie,not multiple movies

You need to be more specific about your situation, Typically when you rip the movies from DVD it will create multiple files. Infact the actually file structure of DVDs will be have multiple vidoes files even if its a single movie and the .TS files will have the table content including the chapter information.

There are plenty of tools available that will help you to split them into individual movie files.
MakeMKV is the best.
(2017-05-16, 21:58)nickr Wrote: Just rip them to separate files! Save yourself a whole lot of bother.

Point is, I want to bother...

When I have 'finished' my addon for blurays (the service addon works, I'm writing a GUI for making the 'config' files ATM), I want to make the same for DVD's (if possible).

It seems that no individual video info on a DVD is exposed by Kodi. I need that (do you know?).

Thanks.
Yes I am unsure if you can tell Kodi to play a particular title. Would a bookmark work?
Maybe.

If there is a bookmark listitem, and Kodi starts the video on that bookmark (using xbmc.player.play()), then this could work. But I need to test.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nfo file with multiple movies0