TX8 android box / very bad power plug 5V 2A DC
Rainbow 
This box is new on market (+- six months?) and come with S912 CPU AMLogic 2GB / 32GB and android 6 / wifi ac Bluetooth etc.

When I receive it, the box reboot alone sometimes 2/3 times a week sometimes 2 time in same day, for nothing in particular.

This is in WiFi. Its better when I plug my cable Internet but the box still reboot alone few times a week.

I read somewhere about power supply that supposed to handle 5V 2A but this dont ! I ordered on amazon a genuine 5V 3A (true 3A) and at this time I do not have any reboot since I use it (10 days).

I thought the problem came from kodi but it dont, Kodi is not responsible for this issue !

I use FTMC instead of KODI now for this AMLogic device.
Thread moved to hardware.

We don't make boxes. We just do free open-source software, which various vendors use (and sometimes abuse) in their hardware.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Personally I would send the S912 back from where it came if it has been causing problems...

Common problems of rebooting with S912's are:

- Poorly written Firmware
- Bad WiFi drivers
- Rubbish heatsink over the internal Chipsets
- Faulty power supplies

What you likely have not even noticed yet is Darker than normal 1080p video output compared to other media players or say a Bluray player.
This is because of bad AMLogic Marshmallow (test) Firmware on 99% of AMLogic S912's.

The only company that has fixed this is MINIX with their U9.

I replaced the power supply and I do not have anymore issue now

for the price, I mean this is a very good device and perfect when used with FTMC

manix u9 cost same as shield or few buck less so its not very interesting to spend a lot of money

PS: I do not have any darker video, I use HW acceleration for ALL with AMLogic with sd movies (SPMC) or HD movies (FTMC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TX8 android box / very bad power plug 5V 2A DC1