v17 how to copy & paste en kodi
hey every body
some times we need to copy url or address of m3u listes or other, and d ont find the way to do it on kodi using shortcut of keyboar or using the mousse, can we do it on kodi or we must write it using the keyboard?
i hope i am on the right place to writ the thread
i am sorry for my English if there is a mistakes
NB: i installed kodi on trusty and xenial using ppa
thank you for your help
I think there currently is no way to paste in to KODI. I too find I need it every now and then.

I've seen this discussed before somewhere before; I think there was some reason it was seen as "not needed" by some developers.
(2017-05-14, 17:26)Wild Penguin Wrote: I think there currently is no way to paste in to KODI. I too find I need it every now and then.

I've seen this discussed before somewhere before; I think there was some reason it was seen as "not needed" by some developers.

thank you for your answer
we have just to write in it, just hope the text and url will be short Blush
Not that I do much in the gui - as little as I can - but in windows you can use ctrl-v to paste into the onscreen keyboard. No idea on other os's.
5 years on and still no Copy/Paste on Kodi!  [or 9 years on, if you count this thread from 2013]!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158880

To add to previously given reasons: ever tried manually pasting a long API key [as used by several of the Add-Ons] in, without Copy/Paste and using Kodi's Mickey Mouse on-screen keyboard?

Such fun!

[off to headbutt a brick wall for a few hours, to relax]
(2022-07-01, 14:33)Funter Wrote: 5 years on and still no Copy/Paste on Kodi!

I can paste text into a Kodi text field just fine. What's your add-on's problem?

@Funter Not the best way to introduce yourself to the community is it? Kodi is free software made available by a non-profit foundation and created by volunteers in the spare time for free. Although we do love to receive feedback it is always best received in a constructive and professional manner. You may think our keyboard is "Mickey Mouse" but we don't have Disney resources here Smile

As you may have realised by now you can of course copy and paste into Kodi, how you do it depends on the platform you are using. Pretty easy on desktop systems with a mouse and keyboard. On 10ft interfaces such as an Android TV box you can of course use a companion app on your phone such as the official "Kodi Remote" on both Android and iOS. Works for me.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Living under a rock ?   We have been copying and pasting in kodi for decades.
On a keyboard  :
control C to copy and control V to paste.
For windows users the obvious answer is control C to copy and control V to paste and putting Kodi into resizable windowed mode to effect cut & paste. Making this a global feature across muti operating systems might be a task too much, but love to hear users thinking of Kodi as the o/s.
Hi!
It seems that copy and paste is no longer possible on kodi nexus 20.1 I use Yatse and Kore but it is not possible to paste a url in the file manager. Android 9.0
(2023-04-07, 17:54)capouruguay Wrote: no longer possible on kodi nexus 20.1
Can't replicate, works fine for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to copy & paste en kodi0