Linux LibreELEC v17.1 crashes on Some Video Files -> How to search the Logs for the reason?
Hi everyone,

I'm running a LibreELEC Kodi v17.1 (Krypton afair).
I have the problem, that some Movie Files won't play at all and some are causing Kodi to crash in the middle of the playback.
After the crash in the middle of the playback the movie won't play at all for some tries.

How can I find the reason for the crashes?
I tried to search the logs for any reason, but did not found anything.

Can you give me any hints, for what kind of entrys I have to look for?

Thanks in advance.
FYI, there is also a LibreELEC forum.
Also, Kodi 17.1 is a pretty old version. v17.6 is already EOL for a year, as Kodi v18 is currently right around the corner.

LibreELEC has a log submission function in its Settings Add-on, that you can use. Just note the URL and paste it in your forum post.
Or, you can find the log file via SSH and use the 'pastebin' command to also upload the log file.
(2019-01-02, 01:39)Klojum Wrote: FYI, there is also a LibreELEC forum.
Ok Thanks. Didn't noticed it.
I thought it would be handled by the Kodi Community also. I'll have a look.

(2019-01-02, 01:39)Klojum Wrote: Also, Kodi 17.1 is a pretty old version. v17.6 is already EOL for a year, as Kodi v18 is currently right around the corner.
I checked the Version. I have 17.3 running, which is also outdated. But I'm running two small clients (on windows) also on the same Database. So I'm waiting until all Updates are available, because I don't want any compatiblity Issues.
It was nasty enough to update to v17 because I had to do it from scratch...
There will be no compatibility issues between any 17.x versions.
(2019-01-02, 16:11)ActionA Wrote: There will be no compatibility issues between any 17.x versions.
 Good to know. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC v17.1 crashes on Some Video Files -> How to search the Logs for the reason?0