HEVC 4k stuttering
Is this still an issue? I just formatted my drive and switched to LibreElec. I have HEVC that plays fine, but nothing overly large. Decided to get a new TV come boxing day so got a 4k movie for it to watch as soon as it comes... 4k 10bit hevc, and stutters. Watched vids on how to correct it and just unwatchable stuttering. Wondering if can be corrected or just wasting my time trying.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
I just use Potplayer for playing HEVC now - bit of a pain, but it works, no stuttering.

Never got Kodi to play HEVC without stuttering.
Bummer, I put an SSD drive in as my c:\ for the speed, and was free but small. Perfect for LibreElec but too small for Windows10.

HEVC works.... I have a bunch of 1080p movies 8gb and under that work great, but so far 4k  with a high bitrate, just awful.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2018-12-20, 03:03)dadsickle Wrote: I just use Potplayer for playing HEVC now - bit of a pain, but it works, no stuttering.

Never got Kodi to play HEVC without stuttering.
 I've got an older system with an ancient graphic card Radeon 5770, I found that using the external player feature for 1080p HEVC works well. e.g. if you've found a player that works well with your system, set it up inside Kodi External players (wiki) atm 4K is a bit out of my league with this equipment, but the Nvidia Shield does that for me.
(2018-12-20, 03:11)THRobinson Wrote: but so far 4k  with a high bitrate, just awful.
If these 4K videos are also 10bit instead of 8bit, then the awfulness is very much expected on your GT710 gfx card. Also because Nvidia in any Linux PC with VDPAU never bothered to implement 10-bit support.
(2018-01-04, 16:05)jjd-uk Wrote: You don't mention which version of Windows you are using, this is important as Windows 7 may have issues, for a smooth experience in Kodi then in most cases Windows 8 or above is required.
 Very true, of course. Nonetheless, without hardware HEVC support (on the CPU/GPU), I think 4k is going to remain a struggle. My media server i5 system has built-in HEVC support, and should (and can) play 4K Blu-rays, but only movies that stay purely within the specs (aka, no insane bitrates).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEVC 4k stuttering0