Dolby true hd capable receiver option not available
Hi guys,

Am using both both Kodi 16 and 17 in my Mac OS X Sierra(Mac mini). My receiver is capable of dolby true hd and dts hd codecs. It's a sudden phenomena that I couldn't able to play dolby true hd in kodi which I was able to play with out any problem till last week. Now suddenly there is no pass through. After update, I went back to kodi 16 still the problem persist. Also I have gone through many threads suggesting enable pass through with all codecs. But I could only see ac3 and dts capable receiver options. I could not see dolbt true hd and dts hd capable receiver options I could not see. Why it is happened suddenly to me. Please help
Ok - this might be hard to believe but there was never the possibility to pass through any HD formats on Mac OS. It's a restriction of the operating system. The only way to make those HD formats work is by disabling pass through and set the speaker configuration to 7.1 - this way kodi will decode the audio and transfer it via multi channel pcm. I am pretty sure - if you really think you had pass through - it was not on Mac OS (running windows, Linux or libreelec on Mac OS allows for pass through of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply @ memphiz.
I will try again by disabling pass through and with 7.1 configuration of speakers.
Will update with result
It's not working even though I disable pass through and set the configuration in 7.1
debug log (wiki) with that configuration
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I didn't get what the above post is meant for!
Memphiz is asking you to provide a debug log and had pointed to the section of the wiki that describes how to do that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby true hd capable receiver option not available0