KODI not displaying Myanmar Language
Sleepy
I was using kodi since last year and its not displaying Myanmar Lanugage till now(Kodi 17.1).It`s showing only squares. Since Window 8,Linux and MacOS already have build in Myanmar Fonts. Kodi should support to display Myanmar Font. Please fix this.
are you speaking about subtitles or the skin?
At least in the default skin files, there is no font support for Myanmar. However, I have found a font licensed under OFL (Myanmar census v5 minbe5) , which I believe is compatible with the licensing requirements for Kodi.

If interested I have a zip file that contains the file named arial.ttf and the ofl license. You can unzip arial.ttf and replace (please save a backup first) the existing file found in your Kodi \media\Fonts\ folder. Use Estuary skin and select in the interface settings the "arial based" font setting. There's no language support for Myanmar in the UI languages, so you will have to live with some other (or join the Kodi translation team and develop your own translation for it).

Here's a dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyu2uh0kioubot...r.zip?dl=0

scott s.
(2017-05-16, 02:42)scott967 Wrote: At least in the default skin files, there is no font support for Myanmar. However, I have found a font licensed under OFL (Myanmar census v5 minbe5) , which I believe is compatible with the licensing requirements for Kodi.

If interested I have a zip file that contains the file named arial.ttf and the ofl license. You can unzip arial.ttf and replace (please save a backup first) the existing file found in your Kodi \media\Fonts\ folder. Use Estuary skin and select in the interface settings the "arial based" font setting. There's no language support for Myanmar in the UI languages, so you will have to live with some other (or join the Kodi translation team and develop your own translation for it).

Here's a dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyu2uh0kioubot...r.zip?dl=0

scott s.
Thanks
I could not find the font folder to replace. I am using window store version.

I joined translating team and started working on it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI not displaying Myanmar Language0