Making slider update more frequently?
In the VideoOSD slider from estuary:

Code:
<control type="slider">
              ... stuff ...
    <info>Player.Progress</info>
    <action>seek</action>
</control>

I notice that when live TV has been running for a while, seeking around in the slider seeks the TV OK, but the slider position doesn't update at all, or if it does, it does in large increments. Taking down and re-displaying the OSD doesn't seem to change it either. I'd obviously like it to accurately reflect the position of the TV/video after the seek.

Questions:
- does the slider position only get updated when the window is first loaded? Or how often?
- is there any way of printing out or otherwise showing the value of Player.Progress to verify that it's updating?
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
It only has 100 'steps' so it can't always be as accurate as we'd like.
Doesn't feel like 100 - feels more like 10 or 15, that's how big the steps are, when they happen at all. Is this a known phenomenon or it just me?
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
Seems to work OK when playing a DVD (the steps are about 1/100 of the screen width) - it's just live TV - that implies the slider itself is OK, but maybe Player.Progress is not updating in a timely fashion. Curious..
iirc @phil65 was working on making the available step a lot bigger
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making slider update more frequently?0