TV Box Android or Raspberry
Video 
Hello guys,

I'm sorry for my english.

I'm having trouble deciding which of the two (Raspberry PI3 or Android Box) I will definitely use for Kodi mainly.

Well, today I'm using the M8S + Plus (Android Box) .. but unfortunately I'm realizing something that does not please me very much and it's making me give it up and look for other alternatives.

What is the real problem with the M8S + that bothers me?
A: Unfortunately I do not know the correct name for this kind of problem, but I'll try to explain as much as possible.
So when I access the kodi over the M8S + and put a movie to run I realize that it does not flow the images perfectly like the raspberry pi3 (although the m8s + has good configuration), ie it is as if in some moments the image Had 1 millisecond of stop ... it is as if the image did not have a fluidity from beginning to end and this irritates me.

How about Raspberry PI3?
A: I have a raspberry pi3 at home, I installed openelec and put it on my tv and I saw a perfect fluidity, I tried sometimes to concentrate well looking and looking for some defect, but I do not think these milliseconds stop .. the movie or series flows From start to finish perfectly!
So why not use it?
A: I realized some things in raspberry that are missing me, a youtube, a netflix, some options of applications as it has in the android box .. (Also I do not know if it works already in 4K the raspberry pi3)
I also realized that raspberry does not turn off, that is, I have to disconnect from the outlet every time when it is not in use .. that is, it is not that raspberry is bad (on the contrary I have never seen so much fluency) but I would like to have more options Applications such as Kodi, Youtube and Netflix. I also sought information to turn off the raspberry through the remote but it is necessary to know and weld and install an infrared hardware ... which would raise the cost compared to other tv box.

E What options did you think of the Android Box and do you have any doubts regarding the fluidity of the images?
A: Well, I saw some models and separated some options that appear to be better than the current M8S + I use. But unfortunately I do not know if these box below has a perfect fluidity that neither the raspberry pi3

Available Options:

My Box 3
Me Cool BB2 Pro
H96 Pro
Minix U1 (more expensive)

Well folks, I really still have seen the reviews of these equipment above I'm not sure that everyone will run smoothly Kodi that even the raspberry pi3 has not.

Could you help me with this? If someone has already tested some models above and can recommend some or if there are other possibilities to improve raspberry?

Thank you so much.
Hello Namaskar,

As your questions are Hardware related, I will move your post to the dedicated Hardware Forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-17, 22:27)Karellen Wrote: Hello Namaskar,

As your questions are Hardware related, I will move your post to the dedicated Hardware Forum.

Thanks Friend.
The solution to your issue is a Dual Boot setup. Android / LibreELEC.
And you can use your existing hardware too - its pretty capable with the right LibreELEC Kodi Krypton images already available for the M8S+

Buy a Samsung EVO, or Sandisk or even a Lexar 300x microSDHC class 10 U1 card to run LibreELEC from.

LE Kodi will run a lot better then Android on AMLogic S8xx Hardware, likely even better than a RPi3 too, because everything 8bit will hardware decode, including high bitrate 1080 HEVC (h265). Video playback will be smooth.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2877.html

Also stay away from cheap AMLogic S912 Android hardware, tech specs mean nothing when you get rubbish Firmware. LibreELEC has issue on that hardware as well. .

Oh and one final tip, if running Android Kodi Jarvis v16, make sure Kodi Dynamic Refresh Switching is on:

Kodi Settings > Video > Playback > Adjust Refresh Rate > Start/Stop

For older devices like the M8S+ there is a really good Android Kodi Jarvis fork available for it, use the AMLogic version of:

FTMC

BTW: the OpenELEC project is dead, every developer but one left it and now is in the LibreELEC camp

(2017-05-18, 02:07)wrxtasy Wrote: The solution to your issue is a Dual Boot setup. Android / LibreELEC.
And you can use your existing hardware too - its pretty capable with the right LibreELEC Kodi Krypton images already available for the M8S+

Buy a Samsung EVO, or Sandisk or even a Lexar 300x microSDHC class 10 U1 card to run LibreELEC from.

LE Kodi will run a lot better then Android on AMLogic S8xx Hardware, likely even better than a RPi3 too, because everything 8bit will hardware decode, including high bitrate 1080 HEVC (h265). Video playback will be smooth.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2877.html

Also stay away from cheap AMLogic S912 Android hardware, tech specs mean nothing when you get rubbish Firmware. LibreELEC has issue on that hardware as well. .

Oh and one final tip, if running Android Kodi Jarvis v16, make sure Kodi Dynamic Refresh Switching is on:

Kodi Settings > Video > Playback > Adjust Refresh Rate > Start/Stop

For older devices like the M8S+ there is a really good Android Kodi Jarvis fork available for it, use the AMLogic version of:

FTMC

BTW: the OpenELEC project is dead, every developer but one left it and now is in the LibreELEC camp

Hello friend, thank you very much for everything.

I'm not finding libreelec kodi 16.1 for M8S Plus, only 17.1 and I can not install my build in version 17.1.

The FTMC I can not install Brazilian kodi build that I have.

Do you have any tutorial for M8S Plus librelec 16.1?

Many thanks, my friend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Box Android or Raspberry0