Android Democracy Now Now
Hello, I just installed Kodi 17.1 from Google store and the addon for Democracy Now Now wasn't in the addon list.
I tried downloading the zip file and it gave error, "failed to install".
Any help in this or any regards would be greatly appreciated.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro Android:

Thanks,
Hello and welcome,

Have to admit that I have not heard of that add-on before.

Can you post the link for it here so we can investigate.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-18, 19:32)Karellen Wrote: Hello and welcome,

Have to admit that I have not heard of that add-on before.

Can you post the link for it here so we can investigate.

Hi, here is the link below:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Democracy_Now_Now

I have this installed on my windows 7 laptop, HTPC Ubuntu, and other Ubuntu computers.
This is the first time I have tried to config Android, its kind of weird, will look at log again to see if I can find the error (and post).

Thanks,
Hello bubbsy2002,

Thanks for the link.

I have tried installing and it fails for me as well.

I could not find any information on the status of this add-on and it's author. It has not been updated in since January 2016, which most likely means it is not compatible with Kodi v17.

If I find out anymore I will post back here. Smile

---Edit---
Quote:I have this installed on my windows 7 laptop, HTPC Ubuntu, and other Ubuntu computers.
I assume that the add-on works on these ok? What version Kodi are you using on these computers? 16.1?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-19, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: Hello bubbsy2002,

Thanks for the link.

I have tried installing and it fails for me as well.

I could not find any information on the status of this add-on and it's author. It has not been updated in since January 2016, which most likely means it is not compatible with Kodi v17.

If I find out anymore I will post back here. Smile

---Edit---
Quote:I have this installed on my windows 7 laptop, HTPC Ubuntu, and other Ubuntu computers.
I assume that the add-on works on these ok? What version Kodi are you using on these computers? 16.1?

Hi, Guess what, I updated my two Ubuntu computers that were running Kodi 17.1 and now they both won't start kodi.
So, obviously some major issues with the latest updates etc.

Tried to launch from Terminal command line and got this back below (this is HTPC without sudo, gives more info on error):

administrator@administrator:~$ kodi
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error'
what(): regex_error
Aborted (core dumped)
find: ‘/home/administrator/.gvfs’: Permission denied
find: ‘/home/administrator/.cache/dconf’: Permission denied
Crash report available at /home/administrator/kodi_crashlog-20170523_203649.log

Any help in this or any regards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi Bubbsy2002,

We are now outside the scope of the "Democracy Now Now" thread.

Can you please create a new thread in the appropriate forum here... http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

--- Edit ---

Also have a look at this thread as the information required will apply to you... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313427
My Signature
(2017-05-24, 01:18)Karellen Wrote: Hi Bubbsy2002,

We are now outside the scope of the "Democracy Now Now" thread.

Can you please create a new thread in the appropriate forum here... http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

--- Edit ---

Also have a look at this thread as the information required will apply to you... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313427

I appreciate your help. I was able to locate that thread and have added my two cents to the issue.

Thank you,
This add-on is provided by Kodi.tv repo v16, v17 and v18.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Democracy_Now_Now

I am using Kodi v18 (as that is provided by GuixSD).  The add-on does not work.  I get the following errors (from kodi.log):
Code:
12:05:15.944 T:140488380249856 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
12:05:18.762 T:140490524764352 WARNING: Previous line repeats 5 times.
12:05:18.762 T:140490524764352 ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:05:19.088 T:140488380249856 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
12:05:20.351 T:140488326694656 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
12:05:20.351 T:140488326694656 ERROR: /home/gast/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/__init__.py:181: UserWarning: No parser was explicitly specified, so I'm using the best available HTML parser for this system ("html.parser"). This usually isn't a problem, but if you run this code on another system, or in a different virtual environment, it may use a different parser and behave differently.

The code that caused this warning is on line 107 of the file /home/gast/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.democracynownow/dnownow.py. To get rid of this warning, change code that looks like this:

BeautifulSoup([your markup])

to this:

BeautifulSoup([your markup], "html.parser")

markup_type=markup_type))
12:05:20.436 T:140488326694656 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find_all'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/gast/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.democracynownow/dnownow.py", line 107, in <module>
ps = get_past_shows()
File "/home/gast/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.democracynownow/dnownow.py", line 31, in get_past_shows
for link in content.find_all('a'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find_all'
-->End of Python script error report<--
12:05:20.466 T:140490524764352 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.democracynownow/
12:05:20.467 T:140490524764352 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.democracynownow/) failed
12:05:20.668 T:140488380249856 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

Is this a bug and should it be reported somewhere? If so, where (GuixSD, Kodi, Python, BeautifulSoup, dnownow.py, ...) is the underlying issue?

edit: I reported it [https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17835 here].

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Democracy Now Now0