How to uninstall Nemessis
I recently tried to load a Kodi live tv app. I finished up getting Nemessis that has totally screwed up my main Kodi screen. None of the channels work properly and I would like to uninstall Nemessis. How can I do this.
Thanks.
Pete
Ask for support from where you got this 3rd party add-on from.

You won't get support here for banned add-ons.
I did not realise that this add on was not a genuine Kodi add on
Removal would be the only support offered for banned add-ons, and may involve un-installing Kodi and manually removing some hidden files. The location of the hidden files varies by OS, so you'll need to advise which OS you are using.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Hello Ptyler,

Nemesis is not a Kodi product. It is a 3rd party Build/Repository/Add-on whose only intention is to allow Piracy and Copyright Infringement.

The only genuine Kodi add-ons can be found here... https://kodi.tv/addons

The only Kodi approved add-ons can be found in this forum where you posted this message.

Anything else out there is not Kodi.

We do not assist with the "anything else" add-ons... except to uninstall.

As nemesis is a build with some very heavy modification, the only advice you will get from us is a total uninstall and re-install by downloading Kodi from this site.

You don't give your hardware details, but the steps are as follows if using windows...

1. Uninstall Kodi using the Windows Uninstaller. Once this step is complete, then
2a. If you downloaded the Windows Installer go to c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\
2b. If you installed from the Microsoft Store go to c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\
3. Look for the directory Kodi and delete it.
4. Now you can download and install Kodi from here... https://kodi.tv/download

Also please read "Free Movies/TV Shows" in my signature below.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
Thanks for this info. I am using an Andriod box that came with Kodi installed is the uninstall procedure the same for this type of box.
Thanks,
Pete
You will have to provide very specific information about your box. You will also need to provide software version for Kodi and Android

You say it came pre-installed with Kodi, and there are some boxes where it is extremely difficult to remove.

You could try this to start off with... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...#Uninstall

Also the 3rd question in the first post... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306038
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-19, 01:13)Karellen Wrote: The only genuine Kodi add-ons can be found here... https://kodi.tv/addons

The only Kodi approved add-ons can be found in this forum where you posted this message.

Anything else out there is not Kodi.

We do not assist with the "anything else" add-ons... except to uninstall.
When did that change?
I remember when addons were banned because they were piracy-related or because there was a specific ban in the forum.
Hi Troggy,

Which part of the quote are you referring to?
My Signature
(2017-05-19, 02:58)Karellen Wrote: Hi Troggy,

Which part of the quote are you referring to?
All of it. Wink

Third party addons and banned addons are not the same thing.
All banned addons are third-party addons.
Many third-party addons are absolutely fine.
Unless things have changed - and nobody's told us! - it's even still fine to seek support if you have third-party addons from a banned repo / site, as long as you don't have the repo installed and the addon itself doesn't break a rule.
There are also plenty of addons out there that are legit - and from legitimate sources - but don't have threads here. Telling people they are 'not kodi' and the only help you'll get here is to uninstall is just wrong.
Hey Troggy,

No, not my understanding at all. The forum does not support third party add-ons unless they have been approved by the Kodi Team. Hence the use of the terms Official and Approved. Basically if there is a thread for it here in the forum, then it is approved.

Yes, understand not all 3rd party add-ons are breaching piracy and copyright rules which makes them fine. Doesn't mean we are going to provide support for them.

Quote: it's even still fine to seek support if you have third-party addons from a banned repo / site, as long as you don't have the repo installed and the addon itself doesn't break a rule
Disagree. Sort of a contradictory statement, but it is not the case. If you have a banned repo or add-on, there is no support. Unless it is for removal of said items.

Happy to be corrected, though. Smile
My Signature
(2017-05-19, 08:03)Karellen Wrote: Hey Troggy,

No, not my understanding at all. The forum does not support third party add-ons unless they have been approved by the Kodi Team. Hence the use of the terms Official and Approved. Basically if there is a thread for it here in the forum, then it is approved.

Yes, understand not all 3rd party add-ons are breaching piracy and copyright rules which makes them fine. Doesn't mean we are going to provide support for them.

Quote: it's even still fine to seek support if you have third-party addons from a banned repo / site, as long as you don't have the repo installed and the addon itself doesn't break a rule
Disagree. Sort of a contradictory statement, but it is not the case. If you have a banned repo or add-on, there is no support. Unless it is for removal of said items.

Happy to be corrected, though. Smile
You are singing a different song to every other Mod then. And there's nothing contradictory about the statement.
An addon is mostly banned - apart from in very specific cases - for one of 2 reasons:
1. It breaches the piracy rules.
2. It's installed from a repo that breaches the piracy rules.

If that's changed you're the only Mod telling us - maybe the rest of 'em don't know / are keeping quiet for some reason?
Perhaps another Mod could chip in?
Could you link to where we're told that if there isn't a forum thread there's no help here? Because that's a pretty big deal.

Edit: 'Who's the 'we' who are providing support?
Ahhh, you beat me to a further response. I re-read one of your statements, and figured what you were alluding to.

If the third party add-on can come from a clean source, it is allowed if it is not breaking any Forum Rules.
My Signature
(2017-05-19, 08:16)Karellen Wrote: Ahhh, you beat me to a further response. I re-read one of your statements, and figured what you were alluding to.

If the third party add-on can come from a clean source, it is allowed if it is not breaking any Forum Rules.
A clean source can just means a zip file rather than repo - ie standalone. That's been the position in the past - unless you're saying it's changed.
Edit: and if it's allowed it can be supported, no?
No, not changed. As long as it is clean and abides by the Forum Rules. And a zip can certainly be considered as a clean install.

Thanks for clarifying that. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Smile

Edit: tentative yes. If one of the mods has an issue, it is discussed and a consensus reached before answering.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to uninstall Nemessis0