• 7(current)
Release Mimic 6.x for Leia
(2019-02-19, 21:42)siliconhippy Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 16:11)Ares1965 Wrote: how did you solve the problem of clicking on favorites?

Well I just installed the latest Lyrebird version from GitHub. Then I proceeded to Kodi Settings> Interface>Lyrebird> Skin Settings> Home Screen>under here I added Favorites to the left menus (if not there already), clicked on Widgets in the right screen menu and added Favorites widget.

Then checked widgets by going back to Home Screen display in Lyrebird. The short cuts clicked ok !
thank you so much I have solved it. as a widget I set favorites by doing: default widgets -> Skin helper service widget -> favorites -> favorites.
(2019-02-19, 22:20)pitthappens Wrote: Hey Rufoo!

Excellent work on Lyrebird so far... I've seen a couple of people asking about the homescreen widget TV Show covers... I'm trying to get down to the bottom of it. Some show the "poster" and some show fanart... can you at least provide some direction so I can make some changes and submit a PR to the repo?
 Hey mate, cheers for the support.

I did have a look at this when I fixed up the favourites issue others mentioned, however, I didn't replicate it successfully. The appropriate artwork displayed depending upon the choice made from the skin settings area. Mind you, I didn't do a thorough test. I only used one show. Tongue
Rainbow 
(2019-02-16, 23:23)siliconhippy Wrote: [quote="Rufoo" pid='2823228' dateline='1550321331']

@Rufoo

2. Your cheat method works too. I simply put the USB drive shortcut into the same Favorites folder saving myself an extra home screen item, naming the shortcut USB Play.

However I can't see any pictures, and the music folder only shows a non clickable thumbnail (first mp3 file?.) This must be related to the thread here with a similar problem, supposedly fixed in a Feb12 Kodi 18 nightly ( post #24):

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325083&page=2

Well I fixed my USB play problem by first inserting a USB stick into the box, then:

A. Going to Kodi Settings - Interface - Skin (Lyrebird) Settings- Home screen setup- Favorites menu (on left, create one if not present.)

B. Then customizing the Favorites sub menus as Video, Music and Pictures.

For each Action menu , I clicked onto Video/Music/Pictures Libraries respectively and chose Files or Sources as final destination. (If you click on the final item further, you should be able to see your USB stick as confirmation.)

C. I checked the home screen after clicking back button twice while the new settings were being saved (better let the saving complete first.)

If I now go into the home screen Favorites sub menus (click left button on remote) Video/Music/Pictures, I can go into my USB stick and play ! Remember that each item will only allow one respective job among the three.

Of course you can always have main menus instead of sub menus.

Note that you should be able to choose another source medium besides USB stick, and also be able to create files/folders and select from existing add-ons and libraries via the File or Sources items.
Rainbow 
@Rufoo

When you have the time to update Lyrebird... feature request.

Yesterday I installed AlexElec.in.ua Kodi JeOS (18 RC1) and it has an Arctic Zephyr-AE skin mod included, with a great, likely simple, feature: in the home screen corner, besides the date/time/outside temperature/ weather, it also displays CPU speed/ temperature !

This additional feature is very useful for a TV box as a first sign of overheating etc.
(2019-02-21, 03:39)siliconhippy Wrote: @Rufoo

When you have the time to update Lyrebird... feature request.

Yesterday I installed AlexElec.in.ua Kodi JeOS (18 RC1) and it has an Arctic Zephyr-AE skin mod included, with a great, likely simple, feature: in the home screen corner, besides the date/time/outside temperature/ weather, it also displays CPU speed/ temperature !

This additional feature is very useful for a TV box as a first sign of overheating etc.
Hmmm...

I can't say i'll be adding more items to the new topbar besides weather info (which can be disabled). Otherwise it will look too cluttered.

The home screens will soon enough have the default Mimic vertical / horizontal designs but also include ones based on Cirrus as well. In Mimic, when hovering over System / Settings you get widgets for all the system options. In Cirrus home views it displays vital statistics regarding your machine - space left, temps, speeds, ram usage, etc...
I don't have it in the official repo, how can I install this skin?
Rainbow 
(2019-02-24, 23:31)TomPiXX Wrote: I don't have it in the official repo, how can I install this skin?

Google for Kodi Lyrebird skin GitHub 😎
https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird/b.../readme.md
How can I decrease the size of the letter in the start menu? Thank you
Hi, thank you very much for your work with Mimic. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the shadow of the backgrounds, that is, it has a superimposed blue shadow and I would like the funds to be transparent. Thank you
Hello, I have a 32-inch 720P TV and I need if you can achieve the size of the start menu, I'm using the vertical menu and for a little bigger.

Thank you
(2019-02-26, 06:37)siliconhippy Wrote:
(2019-02-24, 23:31)TomPiXX Wrote: I don't have it in the official repo, how can I install this skin?

It's there a guide on how to install this?
(2019-07-13, 08:26)Funnyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-26, 06:37)siliconhippy Wrote:

It's there a guide on how to install this? 

when you download the file. you will need to do some steps....
1- rename the file. (REMOVE the word "master" from it)
2- open the zip file and do the same with the folder file inside. remove "master"

then go into your kodi, and go to addons, and "install from Zip" and navigate to where you downloaded the file.
kodi should then unzip the zip file and activate the skin in your UI. and you can then start using it.
Why don't recorded programs show up? In the standard look it works and in mimc unfortunately not
(2018-09-23, 11:51)ultrax Wrote: <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>
<menucontrol>9051</menucontrol>
<onload>ClearProperty(MediaMenu,Home)</onload>
<onunload>ClearProperty(MediaMenu,Home)</onunload>
<views>50</views>
Thanku Smile I'm editet MyPVRRecordings.xml and now works Smile
hi guys
i'm pretty new to kodi and would like to try the mimic skin with my 18.3 kodi installation.
i cant find it in the skin list inside kodi.
can you tell me, where and how i can get it?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 6.x for Leia2