• 4(current)
Release Mimic 6.x for Leia
Just tried mimic! Great skin, I love it!!

The film and TV Show Covers of recently added stuff in the home menu doesn't fit. The Covers are a bit too big so the edges are cut off.

Would be great if you can fix this.
Mimic doesnt work with the RC5 of Kodi... Is there any solution?
(2019-01-04, 20:12)ultrax Wrote: Mimic doesnt work with the RC5 of Kodi... Is there any solution?
 Same. Seems to be incompatible. Not showing up in the Repo. Have a look:

https://kodi.tv/addon/skins/mimic-0
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0"/>

change to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

at the Addon (addon.xml).

Then, mimic is running in RC5 ;-)
(2019-01-11, 19:36)ultrax Wrote: <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0"/>

change to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

at the Addon (addon.xml).

Then, mimic is running in RC5 ;-)
This works. Thanks. Long time since this skin's been updated.
I'm on Leia RC5 and Mimic v6.0.0. I would love for my widget for tv progress to show the TV poster as it does on 17.6. Right now I have the widget set to poster but it shows a cropped fanart image. I know support is ending after Leia and it saddens me because Mimic is my favorite skin but I understand focusing on family and the one skin you actually use. I hope there will be a fix for my issue in the next update, if not, I hope you can show me how to do it myself. Thank you Image
Thanks, I didnt know how to update the version either. Its such a great skin. A few features missing that I would really like but overall the best one I have tried and i think I tried all of them.

Thanks again.
Rainbow 
I am on RC4 Leia and v6.0.0 Mimic, on S905W TV box.

One great feature I miss from the default Estuary skin is the ability to quickly rewind/fast forward movies from the bottom slider.

1. Is there a way for above to happen in Mimic?

2. Also will Mimic "end" with Kodi Leia full release, or will end after Leia (no v19 support)?

Any other *light* skins (given I am on 1G ram TV box) that can customize menus /add-ons with vertical enabled menus? Do Aura or Amber or Grid do it?
Rainbow 
(2019-01-18, 06:55)jadel Wrote: Thanks, I didnt know how to update the version either. Its such a great skin. A few features missing that I would really like but overall the best one I have tried and i think I tried all of them.

Thanks again.

This shows v3.4 but if you go on PC and open to copy the zip it is v6.0.0, IIRC. I had to do the same; on phone it wasn't obvious.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic
Hello, how do you edit this. I tried using notepad and then zipping it back up, but it fails when trying to install zip in kodi? Any help would be greatly appreciated
The above trick didn't work for me but I managed to get mine working by also changing:

Quote:<import addon="resource.images.studios.white" version="0.0.4"/>

to:
Quote:<import addon="resource.images.studios.white" version="0.0.6"/>

I zipped the folder in Ubuntu, not sure if that made a difference.
is the final version Kodi 18 where I can download mimic skin
I have updated my Lyrebird MOD so that it runs out of the box on the official release Kodi 18. Presently, it is just Mimic with a new view tacked on (albeit, a completely option crazy view for gaming) but this will change soon. However, it is a good, no fuss solution for those wanting Mimic on the latest Kodi.

https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird
I can't get this to install on Kodi 18 using "install from zip file".

The error given is "The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.13.0 could......?"
Thank you very much. It is a perfect replacement solution. You saved me.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 6.x for Leia2