Kodi Server Based
I need Kodi to be set as a server/client network.

Anybody has done anything like that before?

I need it to be accessible by multiple end-clients to view MpegTS streams. What I was thinking is using an AWS instance and installing Kodi on Linux
Kodi is what you watch, it connects direct to your tv or other screen via HDMI. You can network it to a server containing your media and play your media over the network. Is that clear enough?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can do as I have setup MySQL server/database for Kodi metadata.... All the media is actually a smb share aka winodws shared folder over network.. but using MySQL for Kodi I can stop in one room and resume in another... And all the watched status are the same on all "clients". If you want that
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Thanks for the replies I was thinking more along the way of using AWS Lambda and create an API but to play MpegTS streams nothing copyrighted.
mpegts streams are already playable in kodi. No API needed. Or am I missing something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You need to be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish, especially on what kind of setup you plan on running.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
he probably wants to have multi-room/device streaming, where one "server" is casting the stream to multiple "clients".
According to google, vlc will multicast.

This should work with iptv-simple I would have thought.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Server Based0