Auto start with arguments
Hi,

I'm have followed the guide to configure autostart of Kodi as per this link:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Autostart_K...md_script.

Running 16.04, so went with the systemd option. Now, I'm also trying to use eventlircd for my remote which only works if Kodi is loaded with the --lircdev option.

Unfortunately this does not get picked up when I add it to the ExecStart line:

Code:
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone --lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7

I'm probably doing it all wrong so can somebody point me in the right direction please?
Try quoting "/usr/bin/kodi-standalone -lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply but already tried that and didn't work. Funny thing is, now it does work without the quotes.

Another way would be to symlink /dev/lircd to /var/run/lirc/lircd since that is where kodi look per default I believe. But this is not persistent after a reboot because /var/run/lirc/lircd doesn't exist before eventlircd is loaded.
the symlink should always work. Even if the target file does not exist, the symlink still exists, it just points to a non existent file.
Once the target file is created, the symlink becomes valid again.
It should but on my system it doesn't persist. Something must be deleting it then i presume. I am using the OSMC packages for eventlircd, maybe something to do with those?

Another way I found is to use section 6 of the how-to (lightdm autologin) and alter the eventlircd systemd unit to include an extra ExecStartPost line so it gets created after starting eventlircd:

Code:
sudo vi /lib/systemd/system/eventlircd.service

Code:
ExecStartPost = /bin/sh -c "if [ ! -e /dev/lircd ]; then ln -s /var/run/lirc/lircd /dev/lircd; fi;"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto start with arguments0